Apply for a car loan and get access to funding for a range of vehicle types.
Car loans from Heartland Bank allow you to borrow up to $50,000 for a vehicle of your choice. The loan is secured against the vehicle you purchase and can be repaid over a period of 1–5 years. Interest rates range from 8.95–14.95% and are determined by your loan size, structure and ability to make repayments. If you’re looking for a new car, van, bike or boat, consider a car loan from Heartland Bank.
finder does not currently have access to this lender. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Pros and cons
- Large lending limits
- Small interest rate range
- $39 early settlement fee
- $222 establishment fee
Main points to consider with a Heartland Bank car loan
You can apply for a Heartland Bank car loan between $5,000 and $50,000. Loan terms vary from 1–5 years and interests rates range from 8.95–14.95%. The amount you’re allowed to borrow and the interest rate you’re charged will be impacted by your credit history and current financial circumstances.
Features of a car loan from Heartland Bank
- Interest rates between 8.95% and 14.95%. The amount of interest charged on your loan will depend on your loan size, the term of your loan, your credit history and your ability to make repayments.
- Flexible loan size. Heartland Bank allows you to borrow between $5,000 and $50,000. This grants you the flexibility to find a vehicle that suits your specific needs and purposes.
- Loan terms. When you apply for a loan, you’ll be able to nominate a loan term. Heartland Bank offers terms of one to five years.
- Processing time. Once you’ve applied for a loan you’ll be contacted by a lending specialist from Heartland Bank within two hours. Response times can vary outside of business hours.
- Repayment options. Heartland Bank allows you to repay your loan in weekly or monthly instalments.
- Conditional approval. You can apply for a car loan even if you haven’t found a vehicle. Many people apply for conditional approval so they can get an idea of what sort of vehicle they can afford.
- Vehicle range. You can use a car loan from Heartland Bank on a range of vehicles, including boats, jet skis, caravans and motorbikes.
- Insurance options. Heartland Bank offers supporting insurance when you apply for a car loan. You can purchase Lifestyle Protection Insurance, Mechanical Breakdown Insurance, Guaranteed Asset Protection Insurance and Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- Online estimator. The Heartland Bank website offers a calculator that estimates the likely size of your weekly or monthly repayments. Remember these are estimates and the true size of your repayments will be impacted by your credit history.
- Online application. Heartland Bank allows you to begin the application process for a car loan online.
How much does the loan cost?
The overall cost of your loan will depend on its structure and detail. How much you borrow, how long you borrow it for and your financial history will all have a bearing on total costs.
The following fees may apply to your loan:
- Establishment fee of $222
- PPSR fee of $10
- Broker (dealer/introducer) fee of up to $500
- Early settlement fee of $39
- Range of late fees and repossession charges
How to apply for a Heartland Bank car loanTo be eligible you must, at a minimum:
- Be 18 years or older
- Hold a driver’s licence (You cannot use a learner licence, it must be a restricted licence or higher)
When applying for a car loan you’ll need to provide:
- Identification. This includes your driver’s licence and your residential address.
- Verification of employment and income. Heartland Bank may request to see payslips, bank statements and proof of employment. These are provided to demonstrate your ability to make repayments.