Harmoney Car Loan Review
Borrow up to $70,000 with an unsecured fixed-rate Harmoney car loan.
If you’re looking to secure financing for a vehicle without putting forward collateral, it’s worth considering an unsecured car loan from Harmoney. Borrow up to $70,000 with fixed terms of either 3 or 5 years. If your application is approved, you could receive funding within 24 hours.
6.99% - 19.99%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Pros and cons
- No fee for additional repayments
- Borrow up to $70,000
- Fixed-rates for the duration of the loan
- Establishment fee of $150
- Restrictive loan terms of either 3 years or 5 years
Main points to consider with a Harmoney Car Loan
Harmoney offers unsecured car loans between $2,000 and $70,000 for fixed terms of either 3 years or 5 years.
Most Harmoney loans are funded within 24 hours of being approved.
Features of a car loan from Harmoney
- Fixed interest rates of 6.99% - 19.99% p.a. Harmoney loans have a fixed interest rate for the entire course of the loan, so your repayments won’t increase during your loan term.
- Risk-based interest rates. Your loan interest rate depends on the credit grade you are given when Harmoney assesses your loan application. Borrowers with the lower risk grades can take out loans with lower interest rates.
- Flexible loan limits. With a Harmoney Car Loan, you can borrow as little as $2,000 or as much as $70,000, depending on your needs and your current financial circumstances.
- 3 or 5 year loan terms. You can choose a loan term of 3 years or 5 years based on your needs and your financial situation.
- Quick online application. The process of applying for a Harmoney Car Loan can be completed 100% online.
- Flexible repayments. You can repay your loan in weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments to suit your individual needs.
- No early repayment fees. With a Harmoney loan, you can repay your loan early at no additional cost and save on daily interest.
- Unsecured loans. Harmoney provides unsecured loans, which means you don’t have to put any of your assets at risk to borrow money.
- Get a new or used car. Harmoney Car Loans are available for both new and used vehicles so you can get exactly what you want.
- Online car loan calculator. Before you apply, use the Harmoney loan calculator to get an estimate of your total loan cost.
- Responsible lending. Harmoney is a responsible lender, which means the lender is licenced and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority of New Zealand. Harmoney verifies the identity of all borrowers and will only give loans to people who can afford to repay the loan amount.
- Potential 24-hour funding. According to Harmoney, 99% of loans in the Harmoney marketplace are funded within 24 hours.
How much does the loan cost?
The total cost of your loan depends on how much you borrow, your loan term and your financial circumstances. To get an estimate of the cost of your loan, use the loan calculator on the Harmoney website.
The following fees may apply to your Harmoney loan:
- Establishment fee of $150 applies for all loan sizes.
- Dishonour fee of $15 per missed repayment.
- An overdue fee of $20 will apply every 6, 36, 66, 96 and 120 days that an account has outstanding payments.
- Legal fees may apply if legal action is required.
- An optional payment protect fee applies if you choose to add a repayment waiver to your loan. For more information, visit the Harmoney website.
You will not have to pay any fees if you choose to repay your loan early or make any additional repayments.
How to apply for a Harmoney Car Loan
To be eligible you must, at a minimum:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid New Zealand driver’s licence or passport.
- Be employed
When applying you will need to provide:
- Proof of identity. You must prove your age, residency and identity with a valid NZ passport or driver’s licence.
- Proof of income. Harmoney uses Credit Sense to review your recent bank transactions and get a better picture of your financial information. If you don’t want to use Credit Sense, you must provide three recent bank statements
To apply for a Harmoney Car Loan, you’ll have to verify your identity, income and financial details. Once your application is assessed, Harmoney will send you a loan offer. You’ll have 60 days to approve the offer and list it on the marketplace.
Harmoney is a non-traditional alternative for an unsecured car loan. There’s a lot to like about what Harmoney offers, with competitive interest rates and flexible loan amounts. Even though you’re restricted to 3 or 5 years for the loan term, there are no early repayment fees if you want to pay it off in full.