Sign up to Disney Plus to stream thousands of movies and shows
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to get the Disney Plus free trial: A step-by-step guide
Are you looking to watch The Mandalorian, Arrested Development and more on Disney Plus? Here’s everything you need to know.
A new era for entertainment behemoth Disney began in November 2019. The highly anticipated streaming TV service Disney Plus hit the ground running with a stunning catalogue of over 800 TV shows and movies. While the service isn’t perfect, it was still great value for only $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year.
Those prices are rising to $12.99 a month and $129.99 a year with the launch of adult content channel, Star, on 23 February. Given the massive influx of new content, the price increase made sense – you can now binge more adult-oriented shows and movies, including titles like Grey’s Anatomy, Bobs Burgers, Criminal Minds and Station 19.
But what if you want to watch Disney Plus for free?
Disney Plus used to offer a 7-day free trial, but that’s no longer the case. As of 19 June 2020, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The trial might be back at a future date, along with other special promotions.
Until then, is it worth signing up for the service? The library has now grown to over 2,000 titles. Most of the content on Disney Plus you would have already seen. Whether it’s Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, this is a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
Many of the titles are well worth a rewatch, especially if you have children living under your roof, or you may find some classics you are yet to watch. Plus, Disney Plus is also streaming original, exclusive content you won’t find anywhere else.
It’s led by the live-action Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian and new Marvel offering WandaVision, along with movies, documentaries, shorts and more to discover.
How to sign up for Disney Plus
Signing up for a Disney Plus subscription is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Head over to the Disney Plus sign-up page.
- You’ll see a big blue button that you can press to start your Disney Plus subscription. This is where you will need to choose a plan. To be safe, choose $12.99/month – that way, you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it makes for a solid long-term investment. You can change to the annual plan in the future if you want to keep the service on.
- MARK THE DATE WHEN THE FIRST MONTH ENDS IN YOUR CALENDAR. That way, you will remember to cancel before being billed for another month if you’re not planning to hold on to your subscription for longer.
- On the next page, you need to enter your email address.
- You must then enter a strong password.
- You will need to enter your credit card details to proceed.
- Enjoy as much content as you can that first month to make the most of your money.
- If you’re not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your account on or before the day you marked in your calendar.
More guides on Finder
Disney Plus price rise: Save $30 before the subscription hike hits New Zealand
With the addition of a new channel to Disney Plus, prices are about to rise.
Disney Plus Star New Zealand: Full list of movies and TV shows
Check out every TV show and movie on the Disney Plus Star channel.
How to watch Disney’s Mulan live-action remake live in New Zealand
The live-action blockbuster will be offered on Premium Access.
The best family shows on Disney Plus
Some families play board games while others like to binge-watch.
The top-rated sci-fi shows on Disney Plus ranked
Disney Plus has a lot of sci-fi series to offer.
The best Marvel shows on Disney Plus
The Marvel Cinematic Universe never fails to impress.
The best comedy shows on Disney Plus ranked
Looking for a show that will make you chuckle?
The best kids shows to watch on Disney Plus
Some of these titles are appealing to adults as well.
Doug: How does Disney+ have a Nickelodeon show?
Nickelodeon TV show has somehow made its way onto the Disney+ platform. Here’s why.
The top movies for kids on Disney Plus
With so much choice available, kids will go nuts for Disney Plus.
Ask an Expert