Geneva Finance Car Loan
You could qualify for a loan from $1,000 to $50,000.
Geneva Finance offers secured and unsecured loans for motor vehicles with terms between 6 months to 5 years. You can receive your funds within 24 hours if your application is approved.
We’ll help you decide if a Geneva Finance car loan is right for you.
8.95% to 28.95%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Finder does not currently have access to this lender. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Pros and cons
- Borrow up to $50,000.
- Low minimum loan amount of $1,000.
- Make bulk payments to your loan without extra fees.
- Establishment fee of $50 – $695, depending on loan amount and applicant profile.
- Loan administration fee of $2-$8 weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Main points to consider with a Geneva Finance car loan
Geneva Finance offers secured and unsecured car loans between $1,000 to $50,000, with the loan term running from 6 months to 5 years. Interest rates on loan repayments are fixed at annual rates ranging from 8.95% to 28.95%, depending on your age, credit history, financial circumstances, licence type held and if any collateral is offered as security. Loans also come with an establishment fee and loan administration fee.
Features of a car loan from Geneva Finance
- Fixed interest rates of 8.95% to 28.95% p.a. Geneva Finance loans have a fixed interest rate for the whole duration of the loan, so your repayments won’t increase during your loan term.
- Risk-based interest rates. Your loan interest rate depends on your credit grade that’s assessed when you apply. With a lower risk grade, you can take out loans with lower interest rates.
- Flexible loan limits. Borrow as little as $1,000 or as much as $50,000, depending on your needs and current financial circumstances.
- Flexible loan terms. Loan terms range between 6 months to 5 years, based on your ability to repay the loan and if any collateral is provided.
- Fast online application. Apply online for a car loan in as little as 5-10 minutes. If approved, you will receive your funds within 24 hours.
- Flexible repayments. Opt for weekly, fortnightly, monthly repayments to suit your own needs. Lump sump payments can also be made without extra fees.
- Unsecured loans. Geneva Finance offers the option of unsecured loans, so you don’t have to put your assets at risk as collateral for your loan.
- Online car loan calculator. Before applying, you can use the Geneva Finance loan calculator to estimate your total loan cost.
- Potential 24-hour lending. If your application is approved, you could receive your funds within 24 hours.
- Responsible lending. Geneva Finance is a New Zealand Registered Financial Services Adviser.
How much does the loan cost?
The total cost of your loan depends on how much you borrow, your loan term and current financial situation. To estimate how much you will need to pay, use Geneva Finance’s loan calculator on its website.
The following fees will apply to your Geneva Finance loan:
- Establishment fee. This fee ranges from $50 – $695, depending on your loan amount and applicant profile.
- Loan administration fee. A fee of $2 per week, $4 per fortnight or $8 per month will be charged for servicing the loan, depending on your repayment frequency.
The following fees may apply:
- Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) fee. If you use any collateral against your loan as security, you will need to pay a registration fee of $8.05 and an applicant check fee of $1.15 per applicant to register your security interest.
- Third-party establishment fees. Other third-party fees may apply for credit checks, vehicle checks and driver’s licence verification checks.
- Referral fee. If you don’t apply directly to Geneva Finance, a broker or vehicle dealer may charge a referral fee of up to $1,000.
- Refund fee. If you overpay and require a refund from Geneva Finance, you will pay a $20 fee.
- Prepayment fees. If you settle the loan early, a full prepayment fee or loan top-up fee of $15 will apply.
- Modification fees. When reassigning the borrower or guarantor’s name to another person, a fee of $250 will apply. If you wish to change the security for the loan, you will pay $30.
- Collection fees. If there are any breaches of your loan agreement, additional charges will apply to contact the borrower or guarantor.
- Recovery costs. Costs incurred by a third party for repairs, legal advice or repossession will be charged to the loan.
- Default fee. If you miss an installment, default interest will be charged at a rate of the annual interest rate at the time of default plus 10% p.a.
How to apply for a Geneva Finance car loan
To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid New Zealand driver’s licence or passport.
- Be employed.
When applying, you will need:
- Proof of identity. You will need to provide your age, residency and identity with a valid NZ passport or driver’s licence.
- Proof of income. You will need to prove your weekly income and weekly housing costs.
- Proof of vehicle registration. If securing your loan with a vehicle, you will need the vehicle’s registration number.
With flexible terms and repayment options, Geneva Finance can help you obtain quick funding for your vehicle with a secured or unsecured car loan. Compare car loan options below before applying to ensure you pick the right car loan for your needs.