Collect Farmers Club Points anywhere you use your card and enjoy long term finance deals for those big-ticket purchases.
What is the Farmers Mastercard?
The Famers Mastercard credit card is effectively the latest version of the Farmers Finance Card, which is no longer accepting applications
Being globally accepted, the Farmers Mastercard can be used for purchases anywhere you see the Mastercard logo and all purchases come with an interest-free period of 55 days.
|Product Name||Farmers Mastercard|
|Rewards Program||Farmers Club|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||25.95% APR|
|Annual Fee||$50 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||27.5% APR|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of transaction value or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits and features of the Farmers card
- Interest-free period. Every purchase both in New Zealand and overseas comes with a 55-day interest-free period. No minimum spend required.
- Farmers Club Points. For every $10 you spend on your Farmers Mastercard you’ll earn 1 Farmers Club Point. If you use your Farmers Club Card when making a purchase, you’ll collect even more points . Once you accumulate 250 points you’ll receive a voucher to use at Farmers.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to 4 additional cardholders for free and collect Farmers Club Points for all purchases.
- Exclusive offers. As a Farmers Mastercard cardholder, you’ll have access to exclusive offers, competitions and promotions.
- Contactless payments. Connect your card with Apple Pay for safe and fast shopping using your Apple device.
Long-term finance deals
If you want to make larger purchases, you can take advantage of long term finance deals at participating retailers, travel agents and healthcare services around the country.
Finance deals include interest-free payments and/or deferred payments for things like household goods, dental work, holidays, new carpet, electronics or tools.
Some retailers and healthcare providers that offer long term finance deals include:
- House of Travel
- Mitre 10
- JB Hi-Fi
- Hunting & Fishing
- Carpet Court
- PB Technologies
- Vivo Hair & Beauty
- Evolution Cycles
Fees and charges
- Annual account fee. An account fee of $50 is charged each year, split into two payments – $25 upon opening your account, and $25 every six months from then.
- Interest rate. The standard interest rate for the Farmers Mastercard is 25.95% for purchases and 27.5% for cash advances. Long term finance deals may be subject to interest-free finance periods, but the standard interest rate will apply once this ends.
- Establishment fee. The first time you use your card for long-term finance, you will be charged an establishment fee of $55.
- Advance fee. For further long-term finance purchases, an advance fee of $35 is charged.
- Cash advance fee. Cash advances are subject to a $2 fee when withdrawing from a domestic ATM or $3 from an international ATM.
- International transaction fee. A fee of 1.4% is charged when you use your card for a foreign currency transaction.
- Minimum monthly payment. A minimum monthly payment of 3% of the monthly closing balance or $10 (whichever is greater) is required during the interest-free period.
Additional fees apply for replacement cards, paper statements, variation of repayment terms, making withdrawals from a teller and for defaulting on payments.
How do I manage my Farmers Mastercard?
To manage your Farmers Mastercard, you can download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- This app allows you to:
- Activate your card for the first time and set up your PIN number
- View your balance and available credit
- See your card details for easier online shopping
- Download statements for the last six months.
To pay your account, you can set up a direct debit by downloading a form from the website or do it over the phone. You can also use your Internet banking to pay by automatic payment or bill payment.
If you prefer to do things over the phone, you can call customer service on 0800 990 077.
How to apply for a Farmers Mastercard
Before applying for the Farmers Mastercard, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the appropriate documentation ready. The application takes around five minutes and you can start by hitting the ‘APPLY’ button in the top right corner of the Farmers Mastercard website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Reside in New Zealand
- Have a valid email address and phone number
- Agree to a credit check
Bear in mind that all applications are subject to the issuers lending and credit criteria.
When you apply for the Farmers Mastercard, you will need the following documents:
- Photo ID. A New Zealand passport or driver’s licence, an Australian passport, or a passport of other nationality with a valid residency visa.
- Proof of address. A bank statement, utility bill, IRD letter or insurance policy. Your document should be dated within the last three months and have the correct printed address.