Enjin Smart Wallet review
Enjin Smart Wallet offers key security features and support for over 700 cryptocurrencies to mobile wallet users.
What is Enjin Smart Wallet?
The Enjin Smart Wallet is a multi-currency mobile crypto wallet for Apple and Android devices. With support for more than 700 digital currencies and a simple user interface, the wallet is designed to make it easy to manage all your crypto holdings in the one place. Following a September 2018 update, Enjin also lets you store ERC721 and ERC1155 blockchain-based game collectables.
- Apple iOS 9.0 or later
- Android 4.3 or later
Built with a focus on security, the Enjin Smart Wallet aims to turn your smartphone into a hardware-like wallet. It allows you to retain full control of your private keys at all times, and offers a number of important security features that we’ll explore in more detail later in this review. You can also create, import, track and use an infinite number of wallets, as well as split your funds into a variety of accounts for easier management.
The Enjin Smart Wallet was developed by Enjin, a Singapore-based information technology company founded in 2009. Its suite of products also includes the Enjin Network, which is a social gaming platform used by 19 million people, and the Enjin Coin (ENJ) gaming cryptocurrency.
The Enjin Smart Wallet app
How much does it cost?
The Enjin Smart Wallet is free to download from Google Play for Android devices, or from Apple’s App Store for iOS devices.
Which cryptocurrencies can I hold?
At the time of writing, Enjin can be used to store the following cryptocurrencies:
- Enjin Coin
- ERC20 tokens
- ERC721 tokens
- ERC1155 tokens
How do I set up my wallet?
Before you can add currency to your wallet, you’ll need to complete the following steps to create a new wallet:
- Download and install the Enjin Smart Wallet app to your smartphone.
- Tap “Create Wallet”.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Create a password with at least one number and a minimum length of eight characters.
- Write down your 12-word recovery phrase and store it in a safe place.
- You’ll now be asked to enter two random words from your recovery phrase.
- Choose which coins and tokens you want in your wallet.
- Tap “Create Wallet”.
How do I make payments with my Enjin Smart Wallet?
When you want to send a coin or token to a wallet, here’s what you need to do:
- From the “My Wallet” screen, select the currency you want to use.
- Tap “Send” at the top right of the screen or tap the floating “Send” button at the bottom right.
- Enter the wallet address you wish to send to and the amount you want to send.
- The sending fee is automatically set to allow for quick confirmation times, but you can manually set your fee if you wish.
- Confirm your transaction.
Is the Enjin Smart Wallet safe?
To help safeguard your funds, the Enjin Smart Wallet includes several key security features:
- Enjin Secure Keyboard. The Enjin team developed its own proprietary keyboard designed to prevent any form of data sniffing or keyloggers. The keyboard is built into the wallet itself and gives you the option of randomising keys for increased protection.
- Rule-of-two encryption. The wallet employs two independent layers of cryptography to protect the keystore and your private data. Hardware 256 AES encryption is employed on the lower level and software encryption is used at the application layer.
- Ram encryption. All of your wallet’s key data is stored and processed in encrypted memory, with all important values designed to be deleted from system memory.
- One-touch fingerprint login. The wallet also uses secure fingerprint login technology so that only you can access your cryptocurrency holdings.
- Recovery phrase. When setting up the Enjin Smart Wallet you’re prompted to create a 12-word recovery phrase. This can be used to restore your wallet and funds on any device if you happen to lose your phone.
Where can I get the Enjin Smart Wallet?
If you’d like to download and install the Enjin wallet, go to the Enjin Wallet website. There you will find links to:
- The Apple App Store where you can download the iOS version of the wallet.
- The Google Play store where you can download the Android version of the wallet.
- The Enjin Smart Wallet Android APK file.
Pros and cons
- Supports a long list of digital coins and tokens.
- Good range of security features.
- Impressively simple user interface.
- Available for Android and iOS devices.
- High user ratings on iOS and Android app stores.
- Not open-source.
- Mobile wallets are less secure than hardware wallets.
Compare Enjin Smart Wallet with a variety of other mobile crypto wallets to decide whether it has all the features and security protections you want. If you decide that it’s the right wallet for you, head to the enjinwallet.io website and follow the links to download the app to your smartphone. Alternatively, go straight to Google Play or the App Store on your mobile device.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ADA, ICX, IOTA, POWR and XLM.