Kiwibank Credit Cards
Your Kiwibank credit card can be a low-cost way to make credit card transactions or it could open the doors to earning rewards every time you spend – the choice is yours.
There is a complete range of credit card options at Kiwibank, including cards that offer low interest rates, cards with no annual fee plus a range of cards that offer rewards and special privileges and benefits.
Kiwibank is part of New Zealand Post and offers comprehensive banking services through post offices and online, including a selection of personal credit card products that suit a range of different needs and requirements.
Finder NZ does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Compare credit cards from Kiwibank
Credit cards on offer from Kiwibank
Kiwibank offers two types of credit cards: cards that reduce the cost of paying on credit, and cards which reward you as you use your Kiwibank credit card. Here is a summary of the main types of credit cards on offer from Kiwibank.
- Airpoints rewards credit cards. If you spend a lot on your credit card you should consider one of the Kiwibank Airpoints Credit cards. These rewards cards from Kiwibank offer a varying range of Airpoints as a reward for your credit card spend, with higher annual fee cards such as the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa offering the biggest return. Airpoints Dollars can be exchanged for flights, car rental or hotel bookings.
- No annual fee credit cards. Paying an account fee on a credit card is not suitable for everyone, and the Kiwibank Zero Visa is a good choice if you want to keep your credit card expenses to the minimum. With no account fee as well as a lower interest rate the Kiwibank Zero Visa card is a good way to save on your credit card costs. Alternatively, the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa offers the opportunity to earn rewards while charging a relatively low annual fee.
- Low purchase rate credit cards. Look into the Kiwibank Low Rate Visa if you regularly carry a purchases balance on your credit card account. With the lowest purchases interest rate of all the Kiwibank credit cards, this card can save you money on interest charges in the long run. You could also benefit from interest-free days as well as a low rate on balance transfers for 6-12 months on selected credit cards.
- Business credit cards. Consider a Kiwibank Business Mastercard if you want to manage your business expenses. You can issue cards to each employee who requires a card and make use of the statement breakdown to analyse the spending on your business credit card account.
Benefits of banking with Kiwibank
- Earn Airpoints Dollars as you spend. Apply for one of the Air New Zealand Airpoints credit cards issued by Kiwibank and you can earn rewards on your credit card spend. Earnings range from one Airpoints Dollar for every $160 in spending to one Airpoints Dollar for every $75 in spending, depending on the card you apply for. Exchange your Airpoints for flights, hotel bookings or car rental.
- Complimentary travel insurance. The Kiwibank Platinum Visa and Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa could cover you with travel insurance for up to 40 days. You need to activate your cover by paying for an element of your trip with your Kiwibank credit card, as specified on the Kiwibank website. The complimentary insurance could compensate you for medical expenses, loss or damage of personal belongings and unforeseeable cancellations and delays.
- Reduce your credit card expenses. Select Kiwibank credit cards offer low interest rates on purchases, while the Kiwibank Zero Visa is a card with no annual fee. If you prefer to minimise credit card costs and forego earning rewards, one of these Kiwibank credit cards could be a good option.
- Balance transfers offer. Kiwibank allows you to transfer a balance from a different credit card provider to your Kiwibank credit card at a lower interest rate. You can transfer a balance up to your remaining credit limit and pay from 0% to 1.99% in interest for 6-12 months, after which you’ll pay your standard purchases interest rate.
- The convenience of contactless payments. Every Kiwibank credit card features Visa contactless technology, so you can pay for transactions of up to $80 in value simply by tapping your card on the credit card reader. You can continue to authenticate larger value transactions using chip and PIN as you usually would.
How can I apply for a Kiwibank credit card?
Compare Kiwibank cards to credit cards from other providers and if you think a Kiwibank credit card offers the best fit for your requirements, start the simple online application . You’ll need to meet the following requirements to successfully apply.
- Minimum age. You must over 18 years of age to apply.
- Country of residence. You have to be resident in New Zealand.
- Minimum income. Minimum weekly income requirement of $420 after expenses.
- Credit history. You’ll need a credit history absent of any default.
Necessary documents and information
- Income details. You’ll need to supply Kiwibank with complete details of your sources of income, including details of your employer.
- Debts and outgoings. The application form also requires full disclosure of your current debts as well as your regular outgoings, such as rental payments.
- Air New Zealand Airpoints number. If you’re applying for one of the credit cards that earn Airpoints Dollars, you should keep your Airpoints account number ready.
Frequently asked questions about Kiwibank credit cards
See below for the questions most commonly asked about Kiwibank credit cards. We can help you with other questions too. Simply complete the box at the bottom of this page and we’ll answer your personal Kiwibank credit card question.
Kiwibank offers you a range of choices allowing you to decide whether you want to pay no annual fee, pay a small annual fee in exchange for rewards or pay a higher annual fee to maximise your rewards earnings.
Read more on this topic
Farmers Mastercard Earn Farmers Club Points anywhere you use your card and enjoy long term finance deals for those big-ticket purchases.
Westpac Airpoints Platinum Mastercard Review The Westpac Airpoints Platinum Mastercard has a range of benefits for Kiwis who like to travel.
Westpac Airpoints Mastercard Review Pay a low annual fee and still earn Airpoints Dollars on all eligible spend with the Westpac Airpoints Mastercard.
How to reduce your credit card debt Learn how to reduce your credit card debt. Read our guide to how to approach debt consolidation and help free yourself from financial pressure.
The Warehouse Money Visa Card Learn the benefits of having a Warehouse Money Visa Card and the criteria for application.
Airpoints Credit Cards If you like to travel and be rewarded for spending, an Airpoints credit card is worth considering.
Credit card feature: AMEX Platinum's free roadside assistance The American Express Platinum Card is a rewards credit card that offers free roadside assistance as a benefit for card holders. Find out more about free roadside assistance with this AMEX card today.
Credit cards for retirees and pensioner applicants Compare credit cards for retirees and pensioners and learn how you can increase your chances of approval when you apply.
Student credit cards Learn about fees, best ways to use credit cards, mistakes to avoid and common questions about student credit cards.
How to consolidate your debt Simplify your payments and consolidate all of your debt into one single place. Learn how to take back control of your finances with our debt consolidation options.
Ask an Expert