Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
ANZ Credit Cards
Compare the different ANZ credit cards, including low-rate and low-fee cards plus cards that reward you with a choice of either travel perks or cashback.
The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group, ANZ, offers a range of cards suited to different requirements. All cards come with a solid set of benefits, including contactless payments, online banking and other services such as balance transfers.
Finder NZ does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider’s website if you consider applying for this product.
ANZ credit cards for 2022
ANZ offers you the opportunity to earn rewards as you spend by collecting cashback or travel rewards. You can also pick from low-cost cards that reduce your interest charges or a card that offers no annual fee. Here are your options.
Travel rewards credit cards
Earn Airpoints Dollars as you spend with the ANZ Airpoints Visa and Visa Platinum credit cards. The standard card offers you one Airpoints Dollar for every $130 you spend on eligible purchases, while the Visa Platinum card earns you one Airpoints Dollar for every $85 you spend. Your earnings are uncapped and never expire.
Cash rewards credit cards
If you prefer your rewards as cash, consider the ANZ CashBack Visa card. You earn up to 1.0% back on your spending, with 0.5% on amounts between $5,000 and $9,999 and 1.0% on amounts from $10,000 to $30,000. The CashBack Visa Platinum card offers unlimited cashback earnings. You need to spend a minimum per statement year to qualify for cashback with the ANZ CashBack range of cards, and cashback is paid at the end of the year.
Low-rate credit cards
For the most affordable way to open an ANZ credit card account, look at the ANZ Low Rate Visa card and enjoy no annual fee. You also benefit from a low purchase rate throughout the life of your card, but you don’t receive any rewards on your credit card spend.
Balance transfer credit cards
The ANZ Low Rate Visa card offers a balance-transfer option, allowing you to pay off the credit card debt you have with other providers while taking advantage of an ultra-low interest rate on your balance transfer for a period of 24 months. After this 24-month period, your balance attracts interest at the standard purchase rate of 12.9% p.a.
Business and corporate credit cards
Manage your business expenditure with one of the many different ANZ business and corporate credit cards. These cards are suited to both small businesses and large corporations. For example, small businesses can earn travel rewards or cashback with an ANZ Visa Business Card, while corporate concerns can enjoy management flexibility with the ANZ Visa Purchasing Card.
Benefits of banking with ANZ
- Earn rewards as you spend. Apply for an ANZ CashBack Visa card or an ANZ Airpoints Visa card to earn rewards when you pay with your card. Keep an eye on minimum spending requirements that act as qualifiers for cashback, and note that the standard ANZ CashBack credit card has a cap on the maximum cashback amount you can earn. In addition, every ANZ rewards card charges an annual fee, but depending on how much you spend on your card, you may find that the cash value of rewards can exceed what you pay in annual fees.
- Complimentary travel insurance. The ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum card offers free overseas travel insurance cover, subject to specific requirements. The headline requirement states that you must pay for at least half of your travel expenses using a qualifying ANZ credit card. Always check whether your trip meets eligibility requirements using the dedicated section on the ANZ website.
- Special privileges for Platinum cards. Any ANZ Platinum card includes access to Visa Concierge, which will help you get tickets to shows, make restaurant bookings or make travel arrangements.
- Contactless and mobile payments. Your ANZ card is enabled for contactless payments for amounts under $200. Additionally, you can enrol your card with Apple Pay for straightforward payments with your mobile phone or activate your card through ANZ’s goMoney Wallet to enable transactions for Android phones.
- Visa Zero Liability benefit. ANZ won’t hold you liable for any unauthorised transactions, provided you get in touch with ANZ within a reasonable period after noticing that your credit card has been lost or stolen. ANZ also replaces your lost or stolen card. You can request a replacement card via Internet banking or the ANZ goMoney app.
How can I apply for an ANZ credit card?
If you decide a particular ANZ credit card product offers the best package for your credit card needs, you can phone ANZ on 0800 269 277, visit your local branch or complete the secure online application form. Once you have completed the application, ANZ will contact you within one or two working days to confirm success. Check the eligibility and information requirements below before you start the application.
- Age. The minimum age for all applicants is 18 or over.
- Residential status. Be a citizen or resident of New Zealand. If you are a non-resident, there are specific criteria you must meet.
- Minimum income. ANZ states that to be approved for a credit card, you need enough surplus money to meet your credit card payments after you pay other outgoings.
- Credit history. You will need a credit file free of defaults to apply successfully.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. New customers need to supply an acceptable form of ID. There are numerous options, including your passport or driver’s licence. In addition, if you are a new customer, you need to supply a letter sent to your current address within the last 90 days.
- Employment and income details. ANZ will request the full details of your current employer as well as your current income. In addition, if you are a new customer, you need to supply the previous 90 days worth of bank statements.
- Existing debts and outgoings. The application form will require you to complete details of your current debts and regular expenses.
- Assets and savings. You should declare any investments, savings or other assets you have since this can boost your chances of successful approval.
Frequently asked questions about ANZ credit cards
Look at the FAQ section below if you have any questions about the ANZ range of credit cards. If you can’t find the answer you need, use the Ask an Expert box at the bottom of the page, and we will get back to you with a reply.
With ANZ, you can pick between getting a credit card with the lowest cost and getting a credit card product that rewards you as you spend. Don’t forget that other banks in New Zealand also offer low-cost and rewards credit cards, so compare the different providers to find the product which best suits your personal needs.
More guides on Finder
ANZ CashBack Visa Platinum
The ANZ CashBack Visa Platinum allows you to earn cash back for everyday purchases, plus enjoy special visa platinum privileges.
ANZ CashBack Visa
Find out how you can get cashback just for using your card for everyday purchases with the ANZ CashBack Visa.
ANZ Low Rate Visa
With no annual card fee and a low-interest rate, an ANZ Low Rate Visa is worth considering if you want to save money.
ANZ credit card complimentary travel insurance
Find out what is covered with ANZ Credit Card Complimentary Travel Insurance.
ANZ Airpoints Visa
Get in the air faster by earning Airpoints Dollars on eligible purchases with the ANZ Airpoints Visa.
ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum
Earn Airpoints Dollars faster and take advantage of special Platinum card benefits with the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum.
Ask an Expert