Cash Converters personal loans
Providing services for Kiwis for over 25 years, Cash Converters is a well-known name in the personal loan sphere.
Cash Converters aims to make taking out a personal loan a straightforward affair, so has just the one loan on offer. Its loan is unsecured, meaning you do not have to provide any asset as security for the loan.
Although you may require a credit check, it does not require you to have a perfect credit rating. Cash Converters looks beyond this to your ability to repay, so a bad credit rating does not necessarily mean you can’t get a loan.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Features of a Cash Converters personal loan
- Flexible loan amounts and repayment terms. Cash converters provide personal loans for sums between $500 and $3,000. You have from 3 - 12 months to repay the loan.
- Interest rate. Cash Converters’ AIR is 49.95%, and the daily rate is determined by dividing 49.95% by 365. The interest rate is calculated daily, by multiplying the amount owing at the end of each day, by the daily interest rate, which Cash Converters then applies to your account each month.
- Transparent fee structure. A Cash Converters personal loan has a one-off establishment fee of $145 to $195 (depending on the size of your loan), a weekly account fee of $4, a default charge of $13.95 and an early prepayment fee of $30.
- Easy application. Applying for a loan is simple and takes about five minutes, using the Cash Converters app or via the online form. Once you have received approval for your loan, you should receive the money within 24 hours, if it is a business day.
- In-person service. If you prefer the personal touch, you can apply at one of Cash Converters 28 stores nationwide.
How to apply for a loan with Cash Converters
You can apply for a Cash Converters loan either online or in one of its 28 stores around New Zealand or by using its handy cell phone app for iPhone and Android.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a bank account in your name
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
Information and documentation
- 90 days of your latest bank statements
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill
- A passport or driver’s licence