Vero Car Insurance
With an approved repairer network Vero helps you to quickly recover from a claim while also offering a choice of three cover levels.
Vero Car Insurance offers a choice of cover levels that includes extensive comprehensive policy to protect you against a wide range of car ownership risks. The insurer operates a network of approved repairers called S.M.A.R.T.
You need to act via a broker to buy insurance from Vero as the insurer does not sell insurance directly. Vero is a part of Suncorp, an Australian insurance and banking group.
What cover options does Vero offer?
Comprehensive cover offers the most protection against motoring risks, but you can save by choosing third-party cover, or by adding fire and theft cover to a third-party policy.
A comprehensive policy protects you against the widest range of risks.
The comprehensive policy at Vero car insurance covers you for:
- Damage to your vehicle due to an accident
- Loss if your vehicle is stolen
- Damage caused by fire
- A maximum of $20 million towards legal liability where your driving is at fault in an accident
- Up to $1,000 to replace keys and locks in case of damage
- Transport or emergency accommodation after an accident, if your vehicle cannot be driven
- Vehicle transfer to the nearest repair centre or safe location
- Valet and cleaning service after a break-in
- Trailers that you own, borrow or hire
Reduce your premiums and retain fire and theft benefits with this level of cover.
This policy will cover you for:
- Damage by fire up to the market value of your vehicle
- Reimbursement if your vehicle is stolen, up to the market value
- Up to $20 million in legal liability if your driving causes damage to someone else’s personal property
- Up to $3,000 if your car is damaged by an uninsured driver, you’re not at fault and you can provide the driver’s details
This cover level provides essential protection against third-party liability in case you are in an accident that causes damage to someone else’s property.
The policy includes:
- A maximum of $20 million in legal liability protection if you’re at fault in an accident
- $3,000 towards costs to repair your car if someone else caused an accident
What does Vero car insurance generally exclude?
As with any other insurer, Vero excludes some events from its policy. Under the following circumstances your insurance policy won’t pay out:
- If an unlicensed driver drives your vehicle
- If the driver of your vehicle has a blood alcohol level above the legal limit
- Use of your vehicle to carry fare-paying passengers
- Use of your vehicle in races and for testing or demonstration purposes
- Damaged caused by using the incorrect type of fuel
- Breakdown or mechanical failure of any component of your car
- Consequential loss or damage for wear and tear
- Tyre cuts, bursts or punctures unless due to an accident
- Damage due to wars, terrorism or nuclear radiation
How much excess will I pay?
Your excess with Vero car insurance depends on your individual policy. Most claims will attract an excess, with some claims leading to a higher excess. Drivers who do not hold a New Zealand driving license or who are under 25 will be liable for an additional excess.
Vero also allows you to specify a voluntary excess to reduce your premiums. If you do so, any claim will result in a higher excess payment.
How do I make a claim?
You have three options to make a claim with Vero. You can contact Vero on the local free phone number to start your claim, or file a claim online. Alternatively, contact the broker who sold your Vero policy to start a claim.
It is always a good idea to keep the following in mind to make sure you file a successful claim:
- Obtain details of everyone involved in the accident, including vehicle registration and personal contact information
- Take photographs of the scene and of any damage
- Report the accident to the nearest police station if necessary
- Secure your vehicle so it does not suffer further damage after an accident
Other benefits of getting insurance with Vero Car Insurance
Insuring your car with Vero means you get several additional benefits, depending on the level of cover you pay for. These include:
- Unused premiums. Under a comprehensive policy, you may be eligible for a credit for unused premiums towards insurance on a replacement vehicle if your car is written off.
- Guaranteed repairs. Vero guarantees the repair work done by their nationwide network of repairers for as long as you own the vehicle.
- Brand new replacement. A comprehensive policy includes a new vehicle replacement benefit, valid if your car is less than one year old and has less than 15,000 km of mileage.
- No excess on windscreen claims. Buy a comprehensive policy from Vero and you could enjoy zero excess on claims for a damaged windscreen, sun-roof and head- or tail-lights.
Read more on this topic
Car Insurance Claims Explained Complete guide of what to do if you have to submit a car insurance claim including how to prepare for a claim.
Will my car insurance cover paint damage? Discover if your car insurance policy will cover you for paint damage with this guide.
Car insurance excess Your comprehensive guide to car insurance excess, what it is and when it needs to be paid.
How to find cheap truck insurance in New Zealand Complete guide to getting insurance for trucks in New Zealand.
Car insurance exclusions Your comprehensive guide to car insurance exclusions and the situations and events your policy won’t cover.
The Warehouse Car Insurance With three levels of cover to choose from and a no-stress claims process, Warehouse Money’s car insurance is worth checking out.
Car gap insurance Gap insurance covers the difference between the cash value of the car and balance remaining on the car.
Trade Me Car Insurance With a 15% discount on premiums, Trade Me members should consider a car insurance policy from Trade Me.
ANZ Car Insurance Tailor your car insurance to suit your needs with a range of discounts and optional extras on offer at ANZ.
Club Auto Car Insurance Club Auto is worth checking out if you’ve had some trouble getting insured by other companies. Compare its policies and get a quote today.