Star Insurance is a niche vehicle insurer that caters to a wide range of cover needs. This article will cover the range of vehicle insurance options offered by Star Insurance, including the benefits of its policy options. Compare your choices to see if Star Insurance has the right insurance for your pride and joy.
About Star Insurance
Star Insurance is an agent for Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited, which underwrites their insurance policies. It was founded in 2002 with the goal of creating special insurance policies for vehicles like RVs, caravans and motorcycles, as well as specialist cars regular general insurers won’t touch. It currently holds a financial strength rating of A+ (Strong).
What cover options does Star Insurance offer?
- Star CamperCare. If you own a camper, motorhome, or caravan, Star CamperCare provides comprehensive fully-optioned RV insurance for you.
- Star Motorcycle. With features such as 24/7 mechanical roadside assistance and a guaranteed replacement bike in the case that a repair is uneconomical, Star Motorcycle prides itself as a customisable 2 or 3-wheel vehicle insurance package.
- Star Prestige. Star Prestige is an insurance package for prestige car owners, who want more than run-of-the-mill insurance. Attention to detail, use of genuine parts in repair and some of the main benefits of Star Prestige.
- Star Enthusiast. Star Enthusiast offers a suite of insurance policies covering performance, classic, motorsport and modern hobby cars.
- Star Plus. For car owners who have been flagged as uninsurable based on their age, driving history, occupation or convictions, Star Plus offers a higher-risk policy for those who might have been uninsured based on the points system.
- Star Everyday. The Star Everyday policy covers vehicles which used to be a prestige vehicle, but are either easier to purchase now or no longer have the same luster.
What is generally excluded?
- Accidents where the driver is over the legal blood alcohol limit when driving, or under the influence of intoxicating substances.
- Legal defense costs or expenses including court costs, levies or costs awarded arising from prosecution
- Accidents where the driver was intentionally reckless
- Unsafe driving, including overloading
Benefits of Star Insurance
- There are insurance options for both cars that are registered or unregistered to be driving on the road.
- Star Insurance operates 24/7/365 with 24hr roadside and 24hr claims assistance teams on standby.
- If your vehicle is damaged, only genuine spare parts will be used.
- You can save on money if you don’t drive your car often, based on a pay for what you need policy.
What if I need to make a claim?
You can make a claim online or by calling Star Insurance. Bear in mind that the claims procedure will differ based on the reason for your claim.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Complacent Kiwis: 9 in 10 are paying the ‘lazy tax’
Complacency when it comes to financial products is hurting the hip pocket of nearly the entire country, according to new research by Finder.
Lazy Tax Report 2021
Finder’s Lazy Tax Report found 9 out of 10 Kiwis are missing out on a better deal by sticking with the same provider.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
Pet insurance for older dogs and cats
Discover some funds that cover senior pets, what to look for in a policy and how you can help your furry friend feel comfortable in their twilight years.
Pet insurance with no waiting period
Getting immediate pet insurance is a little difficult. This handy guide helps you discover how long you have to wait before your pet is covered.
Desexing Your Pet
If you have a furry friend in your life, it’s essential to consider desexing. There is a range of benefits to having your pet desexed and best of all, pet insurance may cover it. Read on to learn more.
Campervan hire in Melbourne | Where to book and what to know
Hit the road and experience the beauty of Victoria with a campervan from these companies.
Finder cryptocurrency predictions report: October 2020
We asked 30 panellists for their cryptocurrency price predictions, the outlook for DeFi and how long they think high returns on yield farming might last.
Campervan hire in Sydney | Where to book, what to know
Find your perfect home on wheels with campervan rentals in The Harbour City.
Fast and furious: 85% of Kiwis have fallen victim to a road rage incident
Kiwi drivers are seeing red behind the wheel, according to new research by Finder, a financial research and car insurance comparison site in New Zealand.