Star Insurance is a niche vehicle insurer that caters to a wide range of cover needs. This article will cover the range of vehicle insurance options offered by Star Insurance, including the benefits of its policy options. Compare your choices to see if Star Insurance has the right insurance for your pride and joy.
About Star Insurance
Star Insurance is an agent for Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited, which underwrites their insurance policies. It was founded in 2002 with the goal of creating special insurance policies for vehicles like RVs, caravans and motorcycles, as well as specialist cars regular general insurers won’t touch. It currently holds a financial strength rating of A+ (Strong).
What cover options does Star Insurance offer?
- Star CamperCare. If you own a camper, motorhome, or caravan, Star CamperCare provides comprehensive fully-optioned RV insurance for you.
- Star Motorcycle. With features such as 24/7 mechanical roadside assistance and a guaranteed replacement bike in the case that a repair is uneconomical, Star Motorcycle prides itself as a customisable 2 or 3-wheel vehicle insurance package.
- Star Prestige. Star Prestige is an insurance package for prestige car owners, who want more than run-of-the-mill insurance. Attention to detail, use of genuine parts in repair and some of the main benefits of Star Prestige.
- Star Enthusiast. Star Enthusiast offers a suite of insurance policies covering performance, classic, motorsport and modern hobby cars.
- Star Plus. For car owners who have been flagged as uninsurable based on their age, driving history, occupation or convictions, Star Plus offers a higher-risk policy for those who might have been uninsured based on the points system.
- Star Everyday. The Star Everyday policy covers vehicles which used to be a prestige vehicle, but are either easier to purchase now or no longer have the same luster.
What is generally excluded?
- Accidents where the driver is over the legal blood alcohol limit when driving, or under the influence of intoxicating substances.
- Legal defense costs or expenses including court costs, levies or costs awarded arising from prosecution
- Accidents where the driver was intentionally reckless
- Unsafe driving, including overloading
Benefits of Star Insurance
- There are insurance options for both cars that are registered or unregistered to be driving on the road.
- Star Insurance operates 24/7/365 with 24hr roadside and 24hr claims assistance teams on standby.
- If your vehicle is damaged, only genuine spare parts will be used.
- You can save on money if you don’t drive your car often, based on a pay for what you need policy.
What if I need to make a claim?
You can make a claim online or by calling Star Insurance. Bear in mind that the claims procedure will differ based on the reason for your claim.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Fast and furious: 85% of Kiwis have fallen victim to a road rage incident
Kiwi drivers are seeing red behind the wheel, according to new research by Finder, a financial research and car insurance comparison site in New Zealand.
Finder Car Insurance Awards 2021
More than 1,300 Kiwis had their say on which car insurance brand provides the best service and products in the inaugural Finder Awards.
Uber car rentals
Renting a vehicle to drive with Uber gives you an easy way to get an eligible vehicle as well as have your insurance covered. Find out how it works and how to sign up today.
Finder Car Insurance Consumer Survey 2020
We asked more than 2,000 Kiwis about their experiences with and thoughts on car insurance in New Zealand. This is what they said.
Save on driving costs – our top 25 tips
Keen to save money on your driving costs? Our comprehensive guide shows you how.
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
Traffic offences have cost Kiwis more than $272 million
Kiwi drivers are racking up millions of dollars in traffic fines each year according to Finder, a car insurance comparison site recently launched in New Zealand.
Sprint Finance car loan
Borrow up to $50,000 for a new vehicle with the right lender for your personal circumstances.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.