Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to buy washable, reusable face masks in New Zealand
Find out where you can purchase a mask to be ready in case of another coronavirus outbreak.
Updated . What changed?
Since disposable masks should only be used once, purchasing a reusable mask that can be washed each day may work out to be more cost-effective.
Where to buy reusable face masks online
Munch Cupboard offers “The Good Facemask” to protect and keep the vulnerable in work. Sewn by their award-winning Homework force using beautiful New Zealand designed fabrics, printed on GOTS certified organic cotton and comes with an elastic nose pieces and webbing tape.
- 100% reusable and washable
- Organic patterned fabric 100% made in NZ
- Adjustable ties to fit the face and molding around the nose
Fashion giant THE ICONIC stocks an assorted range of face masks, including washable options. Check out the neoprene masks from H-Wood which come in a pack of four.
- Free delivery to Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch for orders over $50
- Helpful customer service available via live chat
- 15% student discount on full-priced items
Etsy specialises in handmade items, meaning that you’ll find plenty of washable cloth masks available. Once again, it’s best to check the seller rating along with customer reviews before making a purchase from an online marketplace.
- Shipping and delivery times advised at checkout
- Creative, unique pieces that you won’t find anywhere else
Fashion retailer ASOS is stocking a selection of washable masks in stylish designs for men and women. With the purchase of certain masks, the retailer will also donate $2 to Oxfam’s Coronavirus Emergency Response Appeal.
- 10% discount for students
- Free standard delivery within 7 working days for orders over $63
- Buy now, pay later with Afterpay
If you’re in the market for a reusable but trendy face mask, check out fast-fashion retailer PrettyLittleThing. The site has a range of great designs available at affordable price points.
- Get standard delivery for $9.99 or express shipping for $19.99
- Check out the sale section of the website for year-round discounts
If you’re in the market for a reusable but trendy face mask, then Peppermayo is the store for you. Offering a range face masks in different colours to suit your style.
- Get express DHL shipping, delivered in 1-3 days
- Breathe easy lining with pocket for a filter
- Soft touch straps for long lasting comfort
PatPat has a great range of cloth masks for men, women and children available, making it a great place to stock up on protective gear for the whole family.
- 10% off your first order with email signup
- Kids sizes available
- Free shipping on eligible items
Fast fashion favourite boohoo currently has a huge range of reusable cloth masks to choose from. From plain black to rainbow coloured, you can stay safe without compromising on style by shopping here.
- Standard shipping $14.99
- 28-day returns policy
- Afterpay and Laybuy available
Shop for reusable face masks at your favourite British department store, Marks and Spencer (M&S). Renowned for offering high-quality products across virtually all departments and get free shipping to New Zealand.
- Free express shipping to New Zealand on orders over $200.
- High-quality products across virtually all departments.
- Excellent delivery tracking system
Stocking reusable masks for both kids and adults in a variety of fun patterns, Clear Collective makes it easy to stock up on masks for the whole family.
- Washable and reusable
- Breathable, comfortable and skin-friendly
- Available in both adults and kids sizes
Ah-Choo was founded and launched in 2019 to provide funky, quirky, interesting and all around fun fashionable face masks, which tells more than just a face with over 20 cool designs.
- 100% premium cotton (3 layers) fashionable unisex accessory
- One size fits all including children ages 5+
- High quality, washable and eco-friendly
- Fast and free postage from Auckland via NZ Post within 1-2 business days
Online giant eBay stocks products from local and international sellers, making it easy to find a washable face mask. Just be sure to check the seller rating before you buy so that you know you’re shopping from a reputable supplier.
- Good option for buying in bulk
- Some sellers deliver to New Zealand
- Free international shipping on some products
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- THE ICONIC: Free delivery to Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch for orders over $50.
- ASOS: Free standard delivery within 7 working days for orders over $63.
- Bonds: Free shipping on orders over AUD$100.
- eBay: Free international shipping on some products.
Will a mask protect me from COVID-19?
While a face mask will not make you immune to COVID-19, it can stop particles that are released when you cough or sneeze from travelling too far in the air. According to ABC health reporter Olivia Willis, “COVID-19 is mostly spread via respiratory droplets” and “face masks can help to catch some of these fluid splashes”.
Face masks also serve as a reminder to stop touching your face, which the World Health Organization has said is important in preventing the transfer of the virus from surfaces to your nose, eyes or mouth.
It is important to remember that masks will not stop you from contracting the virus and that you should continue to adhere to recommendations on personal hygiene and social distancing when wearing one.
How do you wash a reusable face mask?
To find out how best to wash your face mask, it is a good idea to check the product description on the site that you bought it from.
If this information is not available, the Ministry of Health recommends the following steps to clean your mask:
- Wash the mask in the washing machine at 60 degrees Celcius with washing powder or liquid.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Dry your hands before touching the mask.
- Make sure your mask is completely dry before using it again.
How to safely wear and remove a mask
For your mask to be as protective as possible, it is important that it is worn properly. According to the World Health Organization, this means that the mask should cover your nose and mouth and have no gaps around the sides of your face. You should also wash or sanitise your hands before and after touching your mask.
When wearing your mask, you should avoid touching it or taking it off to speak to others. Once you remove your mask, it is advised that you place it in a zip lock bag until you are able to wash it, which you should do after each wear.
More guides on Finder
Uber vs DiDi
Find out if DiDi, the newest ridesharing app to hit the New Zealand market, can beat Uber’s deals.
Where can you use a Prezzy Card in New Zealand?
Been given a Prezzy Card for a birthday, Christmas or as a thank you? Find out where you can use it in our guide.
Where to buy summer dresses online in New Zealand January 2021
From floaty floral designs perfect for a picnic to simple white styles suitable for the beach, these online retailers have just what you need for summer.
Uber driver guide New Zealand
How much you can make, vehicle and driver requirements and more. This is your complete guide to becoming an Uber driver in New Zealand.
Where to buy PS5 games online in New Zealand
Find out where to get you hands on the latest PS5 game releases right here.
Where to buy a trigger nozzle online in New Zealand
Water restrictions are easing in Auckland on 14 December 2020. Find out where to buy a trigger nozzle in our guide.
Where to buy the Xbox Series X in New Zealand
Microsoft’s next-gen Xbox has officially launched. Find out if and where you can get your hands on one in New Zealand.
Where to buy a Christmas tree online in New Zealand
You can’t celebrate the holidays without a Christmas tree. Here’s where to buy one online.
Cheap Christmas gifts for everyone on your list 2021
Don’t go over budget this year. Our cheap but awesome gift ideas have got you covered.