Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy stock in Netflix
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from New Zealand you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, including your ID. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Netflix. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: NFLX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Netflix reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$524.88, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Netflix, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Netflix. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Netflix (NFLX)
Netflix stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of NFLX stocks over time.
Compare share trading platforms
Netflix company summary
Netflix (NFLX) is a leading Entertainment business based in the USA. Netflix (NFLX) is listed on the NASDAQ and employs 8600 staff.
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Currency code||USD||Sector||Communication Services|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||8600|
Detailed company information
Netflix, Inc. provides subscription streaming entertainment service. It offers TV series, documentaries, and feature films across various genres and languages. The company provides members the ability to receive streaming content through a host of Internet-connected screens, including TVs, digital video players, television set-top boxes, and mobile devices. It also provides DVDs-by-mail membership services. The company has approximately 167 million paid members in 190 countries. Netflix, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California.