Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy stock in Johnson And Johnson
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from New Zealand you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, including your ID. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Johnson And Johnson. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: JNJ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Johnson And Johnson reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$147.92, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Johnson And Johnson, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Johnson And Johnson. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Johnson And Johnson (JNJ)
Johnson And Johnson stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of JNJ stocks over time.
Compare share trading platforms
Johnson And Johnson company summary
Johnson And Johnson (JNJ) is a leading Pharmaceuticals business based in the USA. Johnson And Johnson (JNJ) is listed on the NYSE and employs 132200 staff.
|Industry||Drug Manufacturers—General||Currency symbol||$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Name||Johnson & Johnson||ISIN||US4781601046|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||132200|
Detailed company information
Johnson & Johnson researches and develops, manufactures, and sells various products in the health care field worldwide. It operates in three segments: Consumer, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices. The Consumer segment offers baby care products under the JOHNSON'S brand; oral care products under the LISTERINE brand; beauty products under the AVEENO, CLEAN & CLEAR, DABAO, JOHNSON'S Adult, LE PETITE MARSEILLAIS, NEUTROGENA, and OGX brands; over-the-counter medicines, including acetaminophen products under the TYLENOL brand; cold, flu, and allergy products under the SUDAFED brand; allergy products under the BENADRYL and ZYRTEC brands; ibuprofen products under the MOTRIN IB brand; and acid reflux products under the PEPCID brand. This segment also provides women's health products, such as sanitary pads and tampons under the STAYFREE, CAREFREE, and o.b. brands; wound care products comprising adhesive bandages under the BAND-AID brand; and first aid products under the NEOSPORIN brand. The Pharmaceutical segment offers products in various therapeutic areas, including immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience, oncology, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. The Medical Devices segment provides orthopedic products; general surgery, biosurgical, endomechanical, and energy products; electrophysiology products to treat cardiovascular diseases; sterilization and disinfection products to reduce surgical infection; diabetes care products; and vision care products, such as disposable contact lenses and ophthalmic products related to cataract and laser refractive surgery. The company markets its products to general public, and retail outlets and distributors, as well as distributes directly to wholesalers, hospitals, and health care professionals for prescription use. It has collaboration agreements with Morphic Therapeutic; and Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. The company was founded in 1886 and is based in New Brunswick, New Jersey.