Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy stock in Gilead Sciences
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from New Zealand you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, including your ID. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Gilead Sciences. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GILD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Gilead Sciences reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$74.71, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Gilead Sciences, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Gilead Sciences. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Gilead Sciences (GILD)
Gilead Sciences stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of GILD stocks over time.
Compare share trading platforms
Gilead Sciences company summary
Gilead Sciences (GILD) is a leading Biotechnology business based in the USA. Gilead Sciences (GILD) is listed on the NASDAQ and employs 11800 staff.
|Industry||Drug Manufacturers—General||Currency symbol||$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Name||Gilead Sciences, Inc||ISIN||US3755581036|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||11800|
Detailed company information
Gilead Sciences, Inc., a research-based biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines in the areas of unmet medical needs in the United States, Europe, and internationally. The company's products include Biktarvy, Descovy, Odefsey, Genvoya, Stribild, Complera/Eviplera, Atripla, and Truvada for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection; and Vosevi, Vemlidy, Epclusa, Harvoni, and Viread products for treating liver diseases. It also provides Yescarta, a chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapy for adult patients with relapsed or refractory large B-cell lymphoma; Zydelig, a kinase inhibitor; Letairis, an oral formulation of an endothelin receptor antagonist for pulmonary arterial hypertension; Ranexa, a tablet to treat chronic angina; and AmBisome, an antifungal agent to treat serious invasive fungal infections. In addition, the company offers its products under the name Cayston, Emtriva, Hepsera, Sovaldi, and Tybost. Further, it develops product candidates for the treatment of viral diseases, inflammatory and fibrotic diseases, and oncology. The company markets its products through its commercial teams; and in conjunction with third-party distributors and corporate partners. Gilead Sciences, Inc. has collaboration agreements with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Janssen Sciences Ireland UC; Japan Tobacco Inc.; Galapagos NV; Second Genome; Gadeta; Carna Biosciences Inc.; Nurix Therapeutics, Inc.; Humanigen, Inc.; Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.; Kyverna Therapeutics, Inc.; Glympse Bio, Inc.; Renown Institute for Health Innovation; Goldfinch Bio, Inc.; Insitro, Inc.; Novo Nordisk A/S; Yuhan Corporation; Kite Pharma, Inc.; oNKo-innate Pty. Ltd.; and Roche Holding AG. The company has partnership with Arcus Biosciences, Inc. to co-develop and co-commercialize next-generation cancer immunotherapies. Gilead Sciences, Inc. was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Foster City, California.