Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy Fletcher Building shares | A$3.28
Own your own FBU shares in just a few minutes.
How to buy shares in Fletcher Building
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Fletcher Building. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: FBU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Fletcher Building reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of A$3.28, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Fletcher Building, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Fletcher Building. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Fletcher Building (FBU)
Fletcher Building stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of FBU stocks over time.
Fletcher Building company summary
Fletcher Building (FBU) is a leading N/A business based in Australia. Fletcher Building (FBU) is listed on the ASX and employs 16825 staff.
|Industry||Building Materials||Currency symbol||A$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||AU|
|Name||Fletcher Building Limited||ISIN||N/A|
|Currency code||AUD||Sector||Basic Materials|
|Currency name||Australian Dollar||Full-time employees||16825|
Detailed company information
Fletcher Building Limited, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes building products in New Zealand, Australia, North America, Asia, Europe, and internationally. It operates through Building Products, Distribution, Steel, Concrete, Residential and Development, Construction, and Australia segments. The Building Products segment manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells building products used to build homes, buildings, and infrastructure, including insulations, plasterboards, laminate surfaces, and plastic and concrete piping for the commercial and residential markets. The Distribution segment distributes building, plumbing, and pipeline products under the PlaceMakers, Mico, Forman Building Systems, and Snappy brands. The Steel segment manufactures and distributes steel products. The Concrete segment engages in the extraction of aggregates, and production of cement and concrete. The Residential and Development segment builds residential homes; and develops and sells primarily commercial sites. The Construction segment builds and maintains public and commercial buildings, transport and utilities infrastructure, and buildings and infrastructure, as well as designs, constructs, and maintains roads and civil infrastructure. The Australia segment manufactures and distributes building materials, such as insulation, plasterboard, laminate surfaces, steel roofing, and plastic and concrete piping for a range of industries across Australia. It also operates approximately 225 retail sites. The company was founded in 1909 and is headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand.