Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy stock in Facebook
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from New Zealand you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, including your ID. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Facebook. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: FB. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Facebook reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$284.79, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Facebook, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Facebook. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Facebook (FB)
Facebook stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of FB stocks over time.
Compare share trading platforms
Facebook company summary
Facebook (FB) is a leading Interactive Media & Services business based in the USA. Facebook (FB) is listed on the NASDAQ and employs 52534 staff.
|Industry||Internet Content & Information||Currency symbol||$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Currency code||USD||Sector||Communication Services|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||52534|
Detailed company information
Facebook, Inc. develops products that enable people to connect and share with friends and family through mobile devices, personal computers, virtual reality headsets, and in-home devices worldwide. The company's products include Facebook that enables people to connect, share, discover, and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers; Instagram, a community for sharing photos, videos, and private messages; Messenger, a messaging application for people to connect with friends, family, groups, and businesses across platforms and devices; and WhatsApp, a messaging application that is used by people and businesses to communicate in a private way. It also provides Oculus, a hardware, software, and developer ecosystem, which allows people to come together and connect with each other through its Oculus virtual reality products. Facebook, Inc. was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Hyliion shares | $22.11
Steps to owning and managing HYLN, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Asana shares | $23.51
Steps to owning and managing ASAN, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Merck shares | US$80.48
Steps to owning and managing Merck shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Mylan shares | US$15.72
Steps to owning and managing Mylan shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Johnson And Johnson shares | US$144.52
Steps to owning and managing Johnson And Johnson shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Gilead Sciences shares | US$60.55
Steps to owning and managing Gilead Sciences shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Abbott Laboratories shares | US$108.36
Steps to owning and managing Abbott Laboratories shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares | US$15.31
Steps to owning and managing Aurinia Pharmaceuticals shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Ocugen shares | US$0.3225
Steps to owning and managing Ocugen shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy VBI Vaccines shares | US$2.61
Steps to owning and managing VBI Vaccines shares, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.