Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to buy ethical clothing online in New Zealand 2021
Shop at these retailers and support brands that are reducing their negative impact on animals, people and the environment.
Ethical clothing is not just clothing that has been made with sustainable or recycled materials. It also takes into account the people and processes involved in manufacturing the items, the impact on the planet, fair trade and animal welfare.
Keep scrolling to find 16 online stores that sell consciously-made fashion with a lower impact on the environment.
This brand is undertaking an enormous operation to create positive change. By improving its ethical and environmental processes, Auguste the Label is working to be as sustainable as possible.
- Free express shipping on orders over AUD$50
- Sign up for 25% off your first purchase
- Afterpay available
Head to the Responsible Edit at ASOS for environmentally-conscious clothing. You’ll find items made from sustainable fabrics and fibres, as well as recycled textiles, plastic and waste.
- Free delivery on orders of $63 or more
- Buy now, pay later with Afterpay
- Free returns through New Zealand Post
- Students get a 10% discount
If you prefer to shop for products that you can’t find in your local stores, Etsy is for you. There’s plenty of ethical clothing options for all ages and tastes.
- Shipping and delivery times indicated on product pages
- Creative, unique pieces you won’t find anywhere else
- Support local and independent sellers
Kathmandu is a go-to for adventurers of all ages. The brand uses sustainable cotton and recycled polyester in its clothing and is reducing its environmental footprint through multiple initiatives.
- Free delivery on orders over $100
- Get member-only promotions with Summit Club
- Shop now, pay later with Afterpay
Comfortable, stylish and lightweight summer pieces are the speciality at Maurie & Eve, a brand that is on a sustainable journey to change the way fashion is produced.
- Express shipping available
- 1% of sales go to environmental NGOs
- Sustainable Edit
Forever New aims to have at least 80% of its clothing considered “conscious” by 2022. Conscious clothing is ethically sourced with responsible fibres and contributes to positive community change.
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- 14-day returns
- Pay with Laybuy
Lorna Jane is reducing its negative footprint by using recycled fabrics where possible, compostable product packaging and has FSC and ISO environmental sustainability credentials.
- Free shipping on orders over $150
- 14-day returns
- Buy now, pay later with Afterpay
Amazon stocks pretty much anything you can imagine and ethical clothing is no exception. Find out more about the brands you are purchasing on the detailed product pages.
- Easily see which sellers ship to New Zealand
- Estimated delivery time before you add to cart
- Read reviews and questions from other customers
Which of these stores offer free delivery?
- Auguste the Label: Free express delivery on orders over AUD$50.
- TheMarket: Free delivery for TheMarket Club members.
- THE ICONIC: Free delivery for orders over $50.
- Glassons: Free delivery on orders of $50 or more.
- ASOS: Free delivery on orders of $63 or more.
- Kathmandu: Free delivery on orders over $100.
- Forever New: Free delivery on orders over $75.
- Lorna Jane: Free shipping on orders over $150.
How do I know if a brand is ethical?
When looking for brands that produce ethical clothing, it’s important to look at their whole sustainability framework.
- Do they provide fair and safe working conditions?
- Are they reducing the amount of waste from manufacturing and packaging?
- Do they help the community in any way?
- What kind of materials are used and how are they sourced?
- Does the brand have goals for reducing their negative impact on the environment?
You should easily be able to find information on a brand’s website so you can read about its initiatives. Many brands are continuing to work on sustainability, but may not yet offer a completely ethical clothing collection.
We’ve put together this list of online stores for you to peruse, but it will ultimately be your decision on whether your ethical clothing needs are met.
Save money on your next ethical clothing order with a discount here
More guides on Finder
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Where to buy reusable coffee pods online in New Zealand 2021
Avoid unnecessary plastic waste by investing in a pack of reusable coffee pods for your home or office.
Where to buy a bamboo toothbrush online in New Zealand 2021
Opt for an eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush and help reduce the amount of plastic waste in your household.
Where to buy reusable shopping bags online in New Zealand 2021
Single use plastic bags are out, so you may as well choose something stylish to carry your shopping in.
9 sites to buy bamboo blankets online in New Zealand 2021
Shop at these stores and enjoy a good night’s sleep with a blanket that regulates your body temperature.
Where to buy reusable makeup remover pads online in New Zealand 2021
Ditch the disposable pads and do your bit for the environment by investing in reusable makeup remover pads.
11 of the best sites to buy bamboo sheets online 2021
These retailers are your go-to for bamboo and bamboo-blend bed sheets.
Top 12 sites to buy bamboo socks in New Zealand 2021
Tired of sweaty and smelly feet? Switch to bamboo socks and keep your tootsies dry and comfortable all day long.
Where to buy bamboo towels online 2021
Tired of towels that don’t seem to dry properly? It’s time to give bamboo a go.
Where to buy a bamboo mattress topper online in New Zealand 2021
Add an extra layer of comfort to your bed so you can sleep well night after night.