Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy ElectraMeccanica (SOLO) shares
Learn how to easily invest in ElectraMeccanica shares.
Electrameccanica Vehicles Corp (SOLO) is a leading auto manufacturers business based in the US. It opened the day at USD$3.845 after a previous close of USD$3.83. During the day the price has varied from a low of USD$3.76 to a high of USD$3.87. The latest price was USD$3.86 (25 minute delay). ElectraMeccanica is listed on the NASDAQ and employs 223 staff. All prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in ElectraMeccanica
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Narrow down top brands with our comparison table. To buy shares in a US-listed company from New Zealand, you'll need to find a trading platform that allows access to US markets.
- Open and fund your share trading account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Electrameccanica Vehicles Corp. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol – SOLO – and research it before deciding if it's a good investment for you.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of SOLO, depending on your share trading account.
- Purchase now or later. Buy your desired number of shares today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until SOLO reaches a desired price.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Electrameccanica Vehicles Corp. Optimise your portfolio by tracking your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term.
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
ElectraMeccanica shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.57 - $2.44|
|50-day moving average||$0.94|
|200-day moving average||$1.31|
|Wall St. target price||$4.20|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.51|
ElectraMeccanica stock price (NASDAQ:SOLO)Use our graph to track the performance of SOLO stocks over time.
ElectraMeccanica price performance over time
|1 week (2023-01-30)||297.41%|
|1 month (2023-01-06)||459.42%|
|3 months (2022-11-04)||219.01%|
|6 months (2022-08-05)||147.44%|
|1 year (2022-02-03)||91.09%|
|2 years (2021-02-05)||-55.58%|
|3 years (2020-02-06)||75.45%|
|5 years (2018-02-05)||4.56|
|Revenue TTM||$5.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-2,233,911|
|Return on assets TTM||-21.19%|
|Return on equity TTM||-34.98%|
|Market capitalisation||$127.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
ElectraMeccanica share dividends
We're not expecting ElectraMeccanica to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have ElectraMeccanica's shares ever split?
ElectraMeccanica's shares were split on a 1:2 basis on 16 May 2018. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your ElectraMeccanica shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for ElectraMeccanica shares which in turn could have impacted ElectraMeccanica's share price.
ElectraMeccanica share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, ElectraMeccanica's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.57 up to $2.44. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while ElectraMeccanica's is 2.3687. This would suggest that ElectraMeccanica's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Electrameccanica Vehicles Corp. , a development-stage company, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles in Canada. The company operates in two segments, Electric Vehicles and Custom Build Vehicles. Its flagship product is the SOLO, a single seat vehicle. The company is also developing Tofino, an all-electric two-seater roadster. It also develops and manufactures custom built vehicles. The company sells its vehicles online through electrameccanica.
Shares similar to ElectraMeccanica
Frequently asked questions
ElectraMeccanica in the news
7 Sorry EV Stocks to Sell in February Before It’s Too Late
3 EV Penny Stocks Worth Picking Up for Under $1
3 EV Stocks That Have Zero Chance of Making It to the Finish Line
More guides on Finder
The rise of fin-fluencers: 44% of gen Z investors get money tips on social media
Social media is the number 1 source of investing advice among young adults in New Zealand, according to new research from Finder.
How to invest in the Porsche IPO from New Zealand
Everything we know about the upcoming Porsche IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Share trading statistics New Zealand
Find out how Kiwis are investing their money, why they choose to invest and why many are still reluctant with our share trading statistics.
How to buy AMTD Digital (HKD) shares
Steps to owning and managing AMTD Digital Inc., with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
The best stock trading apps in NZ (2023)
An overview of the best investing apps available in NZ, including pros, cons and fees.
Rockfort Markets share trading review
Your detailed review of share trading with Rockfort Markets, including fees, safety, and pros and cons.
5 of the best ways to invest money in New Zealand in 2023
What’s the best way to invest money in New Zealand? Find out about KiwiSaver, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
BlackBull Markets share trading review
Your detailed review of share trading with BlackBull Markets, including brokerage fees, safety, pros and cons, and more.
Jarden Direct Share Trading review
Thinking of trading shares with Jarden Direct? Check out our review of Jarden Direct fees, safety, and pros and cons first.
Tiger Brokers share trading review
Your detailed review of online share trading with Tiger Brokers, including fees, markets, safety, pros and cons, and how to sign up.