Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
The global stock market has experienced significant losses in recent weeks due to the coronavirus outbreak. The Apple share price has dropped from its all-time high in February, and investors looking to invest in Apple may see the current price as a good time to buy Apple shares. Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL) is an American technology company based in California and one of the most valuable companies in the world. It is part of the “Big Four” tech companies along with Amazon, Google and Microsoft.
How to buy stock in Apple
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from New Zealand you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, including your ID. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Apple. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AAPL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Apple reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of US$388.23, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Apple, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Apple. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Apple (AAPL)
Apple stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of AAPL stocks over time.
Compare share trading platforms
Apple company summary
Apple (AAPL) is a leading Technology Hardware, Storage & Peripherals business based in the USA. Apple (AAPL) is listed on the NASDAQ and employs 137000 staff.
|Industry||Consumer Electronics||Currency symbol||$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||US|
|Currency name||US Dollar||Full-time employees||137000|
Detailed company information
Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets smartphones, personal computers, tablets, wearables, and accessories worldwide. It also sells various related services. The company offers iPhone, a line of smartphones; Mac, a line of personal computers; iPad, a line of multi-purpose tablets; and wearables, home, and accessories comprising AirPods, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Beats products, HomePod, iPod touch, and other Apple-branded and third-party accessories. It also provides digital content stores and streaming services; AppleCare support services; and iCloud, a cloud service, which stores music, photos, contacts, calendars, mail, documents, and others. In addition, the company offers various service, such as Apple Arcade, a game subscription service; Apple Card, a co-branded credit card; Apple News+, a subscription news and magazine service; and Apple Pay, a cashless payment service, as well as licenses its intellectual property, and provides other related services. The company serves consumers, and small and mid-sized businesses; and the education, enterprise, and government markets. It sells and delivers third-party applications for its products through the App Store, Mac App Store, and Watch App Store. The company also sells its products through its retail and online stores, and direct sales force; and third-party cellular network carriers, wholesalers, retailers, and resellers. Apple Inc. has a collaboration with Google to develop COVID-19 tracking system for Android and iOS devices. Apple Inc. was founded in 1977 and is headquartered in Cupertino, California.