Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Appen (APX) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Appen shares.
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy shares in Appen
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Appen. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: APX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Appen reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of A$2.82, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Appen, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Appen. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Appen (APX)
Appen stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of APX stocks over time.
Appen company summary
Appen (APX) is a leading IT Services business based in Australia. Appen (APX) is listed on the ASX and employs 1386 staff.
|Industry||Information Technology Services||Currency symbol||A$|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||AU|
|Currency name||Australian Dollar||Full-time employees||1386|
Detailed company information
Appen Limited, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an AI lifecycle company that provides data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation solutions. It operates through two segments, Global Services and New Markets. The company offers data sourcing services, including image, video, speech, sensor, multi-modal hardware device testing, and mobile location services; pre-labeled datasets of audio, image, video, and text; and language-based AI solutions. It also provides data preparation services comprising machine learning assisted data annotation tools, which include image annotation, video annotation, text, sensor, text utterance, audio annotation, and other solutions; enterprise-ready data annotation platform, which offers smart labeling, workflows, in-platform audit, and enterprise analytics; and knowledge graph and ontology support services. The company was formerly known as Appen Holdings Pty Limited and changed its name to Appen Limited in October 2014. Appen Limited was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Chatswood, Australia.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Credit Suisse Group (CS) shares
Steps to owning and managing Credit Suisse Group, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
The rise of fin-fluencers: 44% of gen Z investors get money tips on social media
Social media is the number 1 source of investing advice among young adults in New Zealand, according to new research from Finder.
How to invest in the Porsche IPO from New Zealand
Everything we know about the upcoming Porsche IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Share trading statistics New Zealand
Find out how Kiwis are investing their money, why they choose to invest and why many are still reluctant with our share trading statistics.
How to buy AMTD Digital (HKD) shares
Steps to owning and managing AMTD Digital Inc., with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
The best stock trading apps in NZ (2023)
An overview of the best investing apps available in NZ, including pros, cons and fees.
How to invest money in New Zealand in 2023
What’s the best way to invest money in New Zealand? Find out about KiwiSaver, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
BlackBull Markets share trading review
Your detailed review of share trading with BlackBull Markets, including brokerage fees, safety, pros and cons, and more.
Jarden Direct Share Trading review
Thinking of trading shares with Jarden Direct? Check out our review of Jarden Direct fees, safety, and pros and cons first.