Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy shares in Air New Zealand
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Air New Zealand. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AIZ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Air New Zealand reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of A$1.29, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Air New Zealand, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Air New Zealand. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for Air New Zealand (AIZ)
Air New Zealand stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of AIZ stocks over time.
Air New Zealand company summary
Air New Zealand (AIZ) is a leading N/A business based in Australia. Air New Zealand (AIZ) is listed on the ASX and employs 11793 staff.
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||AU|
|Name||Air New Zealand Limited||ISIN||N/A|
|Currency name||Australian Dollar||Full-time employees||11793|
Detailed company information
Air New Zealand Limited provides passenger and cargo transportation services on scheduled airlines primarily in New Zealand, Australia, the Pacific Islands, the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, and the United States. The company also offers ground handling services; engineering and maintenance services, including aircraft and component maintenance, repair, and overhaul services; and aircraft leasing and financing services. It operates a fleet of 113 aircraft. The company was formerly known as Tasman Empire Airways Limited and changed its name to Air New Zealand Limited in April 1965. Air New Zealand Limited was founded in 1940 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.