Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy AIA Group (1299) shares
Learn how to easily invest in AIA Group shares.
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to buy stocks in AIA Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in an international company from New Zealand you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to global stock markets. If you’re just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for AIA Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 1299. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until AIA Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of HK$85.05, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of AIA Group, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of AIA Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Price details for AIA Group (1299)
AIA Group stock priceUse our graph to track the performance of 1299 stocks over time.
AIA Group company summary
AIA Group (1299) is a leading Insurance business based in the Hong Kong. AIA Group (1299) is listed on the HK and employs 0 staff.
|Code||1299||Country name||Hong Kong|
|Type||Common Stock||Country ISO||HK|
|Name||AIA Group Ltd||ISIN||HK0000069689|
|Currency code||HKD||Sector||Financial Services|
|Currency name||Hong Kong Dollar||Full-time employees||0|
Detailed company information
AIA Group Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides life insurance based financial services. The company offers life insurance, accident, and health insurance and savings plans; and employee benefits, credit life, and pension services to corporate clients. It also distributes investment and other financial services products. The company sells its products through a network of agents and partners in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Vietnam, and India. AIA Group Limited was founded in 1919 and is based in Central, Hong Kong.
More guides on Finder
Rockfort Markets share trading review
Your detailed review of share trading with Rockfort Markets, including fees, safety, and pros and cons.
BlackBull Markets share trading review
Your detailed review of share trading with BlackBull Markets, including brokerage fees, safety, pros and cons, and more.
Jarden Direct Share Trading review
Thinking of trading shares with Jarden Direct? Check out our review of Jarden Direct fees, safety, and pros and cons first.
Tiger Brokers share trading review
Your detailed review of online share trading with Tiger Brokers, including fees, markets, safety, pros and cons, and how to sign up.
Investor influx: 1 in 4 Kiwis are using share trading platforms
A growing number of Kiwis are investing in the stock market via an app or online platform, according to research by Finder.
How to buy Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BTF) from New Zealand
The second Bitcoin future ETF is set to go live Oct. 22. Here’s how to invest if you’re in New Zealand.
How to buy VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF units from New Zealand
Steps to owning and managing VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
How to buy BITO ETF (BITO) shares
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
Best performing New Zealand shares
We present the 10 best performing shares on the NZX over the last 3 months and show you how you can invest in them.
How to invest in fractional shares
Fractional shares are fractions of company shares. Sometimes they’re made by brokers to allow those with limited funds to get access to stocks.