Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Voyager broadband deals
If you’re looking for unlimited data without being tied into a long term contract, check out what Voyager has to offer.
Updated . What changed?
Is Voyager broadband right for me?
- What Voyager offers: Unlimited copper or fibre broadband plans.
- The highlights: No fixed-term contracts, ultra-fast internet.
- Watch out for: Need to purchase or rent a router if you don’t have your own
One of the fastest-growing tech companies in New Zealand, Voyager prides itself on delivering ultra-fast broadband to homes and excellent customer service.
All residential plans offer unlimited data combined with the flexibility of a no-term contract, while their business broadband plans range from 12 to 36 month terms.
Compare Voyager broadband plans
Are there any bundled extras with Voyager?
When you sign up for Voyager broadband you can add Voyager Voice for $10 per month. You will need to have a Voyager router for this service, but you will enjoy free local and national calling, free voicemail, free caller ID and free call forwarding at no additional cost.
- Unlimited data. All Voyager broadband plans come with unlimited data so you don’t need to worry about going over your data cap each month.
- No contracts. Other broadband providers require you to sign up for a period of 12 or 24 months, but with Voyager, all residential plans have a no-term contract.
- Free setup. Voyager is currently waiving the usual $49 setup fee so there is one less cost to worry about.
- NZ customer support. Voyager has a locally based helpdesk available from 8am to 10pm every day of the week.
What to be aware of
- If you want to use your own router for Voyager broadband, you will need to make sure that it meets the requirements or you may need to do some configuration to get it working with the Voyager network.
- There are occasions when a Chorus technician is required to check the internal wiring at your property, for example, if you have a monitored alarm, poor quality wiring, you’re in a new home, you need a dedicated broadband jack point, or if you want the fastest possible VDSL speeds. This service costs $250 and can be requested at the time of sign up.
- Speeds advertised are regarded as the best possible speeds available, but your experience may be different. A number of factors can influence the speed including the distance from the exchange and quality of phone lines for ADSL and VDSL, the number of people using the internet, modem capabilities, network congestion and how far you are from your router.
- While there are no fixed-term contracts, you will need to give Voyager 30 days notice if you want to cancel your plan. Your router will need to be returned in good condition if you have been renting it or you can purchase it for $225.
- Even though Voyager’s broadband plans are unlimited, a fair use policy still applies.
Frequently asked questions
If an unlimited data broadband plan is a must-have, and the flexibility of no-fixed term contracts appeals, Voyager has plans at competitive plans to consider. It also has ADSL and VDSL options available if fibre hasn’t yet made it to your area.
Read more on this topic
Farmside broadband deals Learn more about Farmside’s broadband plans and prices and see if it’s right for your needs.
Compass broadband deals Compass stands out from the broadband crowd with prepaid or weekly payment options for unlimited broadband
Wireless Nation broadband deals Wireless Nation broadband is specifically designed for Kiwis that live rurally or in remote areas.
Nova Energy broadband plans Sign up for broadband and energy with Nova Energy and enjoy an account credit, new TV or Plume Superpods.
Slow internet? We help you identify and solve the issue If you're suffering from slow download speeds or choppy Netflix streams, Internet congestion may be to blame.
Contact Energy broadband deals: Bundle and save Find out how you can save up to $25 a month on your broadband with a Broadband Bundle from Contact Energy.
VelocityNet broadband plans This Invercargill-based broadband provider has a range of plans from fibre to DSL and covers rural areas. See if VelocityNet is right for you.
WorldNet broadband deals Whether you are looking for ADSL, VDSL or lightning-fast fibre, WorldNet has something for everyone.
Netspeed broadband plans Netspeed can cover you if you live in a city or rurally and includes an optional phone plan. Find out more in our review.
Gravity broadband deals If you live in a remote area and want to get connected, Gravity broadband may have a solution for you.