Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Voyager broadband deals
If you’re looking for unlimited data without being tied into a long term contract, check out what Voyager has to offer.
Is Voyager broadband right for me?
- What Voyager offers: Unlimited copper or fibre broadband plans.
- The highlights: No fixed-term contracts, ultra-fast internet.
- Watch out for: Need to purchase or rent a router if you don’t have your own
One of the fastest-growing tech companies in New Zealand, Voyager prides itself on delivering ultra-fast broadband to homes and excellent customer service.
All residential plans offer unlimited data combined with the flexibility of a no-term contract, while their business broadband plans range from 12 to 36 month terms.
Compare Voyager broadband plans
Are there any bundled extras with Voyager?
When you sign up for Voyager broadband you can add Voyager Voice for $10 per month. You will need to have a Voyager router for this service, but you will enjoy free local and national calling, free voicemail, free caller ID and free call forwarding at no additional cost.
- Unlimited data. All Voyager broadband plans come with unlimited data so you don’t need to worry about going over your data cap each month.
- No contract option. Other broadband providers require you to sign up for a period of 12 or 24 months, but with Voyager, all residential plans have a no-term contract option. 12-month terms are also available for a lower monthly price, but early termination fees apply if you cancel your plan before your contract expires.
- Free setup. Voyager is currently waiving the usual $49 setup fee so there is one less cost to worry about.
- NZ customer support. Voyager has a locally based helpdesk available from 8am to 10pm every day of the week.
What to be aware of
- If you want to use your own router for Voyager broadband, you will need to make sure that it meets the requirements or you may need to do some configuration to get it working with the Voyager network.
- There are occasions when a Chorus technician is required to check the internal wiring at your property, for example, if you have a monitored alarm, poor quality wiring, you’re in a new home, you need a dedicated broadband jack point, or if you want the fastest possible VDSL speeds. This service costs $250 and can be requested at the time of sign up.
- Speeds advertised are regarded as the best possible speeds available, but your experience may be different. A number of factors can influence the speed including the distance from the exchange and quality of phone lines for ADSL and VDSL, the number of people using the internet, modem capabilities, network congestion and how far you are from your router.
- While there are no fixed-term contracts, you will need to give Voyager 30 days notice if you want to cancel your plan. Your router will need to be returned in good condition if you have been renting it or you can purchase it for $225.
- Even though Voyager’s broadband plans are unlimited, a fair use policy still applies.
Frequently asked questions
If an unlimited data broadband plan is a must-have, and the flexibility of no-fixed term contracts appeals, Voyager has plans at competitive plans to consider. It also has ADSL and VDSL options available if fibre hasn’t yet made it to your area.
More guides on Finder
FansEdge promo codes April 2021 | 15% off orders over $99
FansEdge most likely has what you’re looking for whatever your sport. It has a great range and great prices.
Just Host discount codes and coupons April 2021 | 30-day money back guarantee
Get your new website up and running quickly and easily with Just Host shared, VPS and dedicated hosting plans.
Term life insurance
Find out how term life insurance actually works.
How to start investing with a deposit between $5,000 and $9,999
Take time to review your alternatives before you invest your hard-earned money. Making an informed decision can lead to bigger returns.
Term Deposit Calculator
With the help of a term deposit calculator you get a better idea of how much you need and for how long to invest so you can meet your financial goals.
Norton discount codes and coupons April 2021 | $20 off Norton Secure VPN
Whether you’re looking for antivirus software, a VPN, cloud backup or parental controls, Norton takes care of your cybersecurity needs.
Invoice financing can be an effective way to provide consistent cash flow without high-interest rates and uncertainty of other loans. Find out if it’s right for you.
Compare the best online share trading platforms
Follow these tips to find the best online share trading platform for you.
How to relocate your broadband when moving house
Helpful info on reconnecting your broadband at your new address.
Why vendor finance may be too risky to try
Vendor finance refers to ways in which you can start owning and paying off your home even if you have poor credit or employment history, or you’re unable to qualify for a traditional home loan for any other reason.