Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Voyager broadband deals
If you’re looking for unlimited data without being tied into a long term contract, check out what Voyager has to offer.
Updated . What changed?
Is Voyager broadband right for me?
- What Voyager offers: Unlimited copper or fibre broadband plans.
- The highlights: No fixed-term contracts, ultra-fast internet.
- Watch out for: Need to purchase or rent a router if you don’t have your own
One of the fastest-growing tech companies in New Zealand, Voyager prides itself on delivering ultra-fast broadband to homes and excellent customer service.
All residential plans offer unlimited data combined with the flexibility of a no-term contract, while their business broadband plans range from 12 to 36 month terms.
Compare Voyager broadband plans
Are there any bundled extras with Voyager?
When you sign up for Voyager broadband you can add Voyager Voice for $10 per month. You will need to have a Voyager router for this service, but you will enjoy free local and national calling, free voicemail, free caller ID and free call forwarding at no additional cost.
- Unlimited data. All Voyager broadband plans come with unlimited data so you don’t need to worry about going over your data cap each month.
- No contracts. Other broadband providers require you to sign up for a period of 12 or 24 months, but with Voyager, all residential plans have a no-term contract.
- Free setup. Voyager is currently waiving the usual $49 setup fee so there is one less cost to worry about.
- NZ customer support. Voyager has a locally based helpdesk available from 8am to 10pm every day of the week.
What to be aware of
- If you want to use your own router for Voyager broadband, you will need to make sure that it meets the requirements or you may need to do some configuration to get it working with the Voyager network.
- There are occasions when a Chorus technician is required to check the internal wiring at your property, for example, if you have a monitored alarm, poor quality wiring, you’re in a new home, you need a dedicated broadband jack point, or if you want the fastest possible VDSL speeds. This service costs $250 and can be requested at the time of sign up.
- Speeds advertised are regarded as the best possible speeds available, but your experience may be different. A number of factors can influence the speed including the distance from the exchange and quality of phone lines for ADSL and VDSL, the number of people using the internet, modem capabilities, network congestion and how far you are from your router.
- While there are no fixed-term contracts, you will need to give Voyager 30 days notice if you want to cancel your plan. Your router will need to be returned in good condition if you have been renting it or you can purchase it for $225.
- Even though Voyager’s broadband plans are unlimited, a fair use policy still applies.
Frequently asked questions
If an unlimited data broadband plan is a must-have, and the flexibility of no-fixed term contracts appeals, Voyager has plans at competitive plans to consider. It also has ADSL and VDSL options available if fibre hasn’t yet made it to your area.
More guides on Finder
Term life insurance
Find out how term life insurance actually works.
Term Deposit Calculator
With the help of a term deposit calculator you get a better idea of how much you need and for how long to invest so you can meet your financial goals.
We’ve unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
The renters’ guide to broadband
Finding a broadband plan that fits the rental lifestyle isn’t always easy. We’ve broken down the key factors that you’ll want to consider.
No contract broadband plans
Looking for a broadband plan with no long term commitments? Compare casual broadband plans to get the best value for money.
Contract vs month-to-month broadband plans
Deciding between a long-term broadband plan and a no lock-in contract can be tough, so we’ve broken down the pros and cons of each.
Compare cheap broadband plans
You don’t have to spend heaps on your broadband. Find out how to compare plans and how to save with our guide.
Fibre broadband deals
Fibre broadband delivers the fastest internet speeds available. Compare ultra fast broadband plans to find the best value for your needs today.
Unlimited broadband deals
Unlimited broadband plans allow you to browse, download and stream without exceeding expensive data caps. Compare and apply here.
How to sell on Alibaba
If you’re thinking of selling on Alibaba, learn more about the marketplace’s fees, payment methods and shipping options in our detailed guide.