Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
MyRepublic broadband plans
MyRepublic offers high-speed broadband for web surfers, streamers and gamers, with fibre plans starting at $79 a month.
Updated . What changed?
Is MyRepublic right for me?
- What does MyRepublic offer? VDSL and fibre on 12-month or month-to-month plans, hyperfibre on 12-month plans.
- Product highlights: Four hyperfibre plan options; Fibre 2000, Fibre 4000, Gamer Fibre 2000 and Gamer Fibre 4000, with unlimited data and ONT/Router included.
- Watch out for: Early exit fees; modem rental fees.
Awarded New Zealand’s Fastest ISP at the 2020 Speedtest Awards by Ookla, MyRepublic are the champions of speed in residential broadband. As well as offering VDSL, hyperfibre and fibre broadband here in Aotearoa, this provider has ultra-fast services in Australia, Singapore and Indonesia.
MyRepublic’s broadband plans are built for high-quality streaming of your favourite TV shows, downloading large files and having multiple users connected at the same time. It also has special plans for gamers, with extended support and access to exclusive gaming offers and events.
If you’re on the hunt for a new broadband plan and like the sound of a speedy Internet service with unlimited data, read on to find out more about MyRepublic broadband.
Compare MyRepublic broadband plans
MyRepublic broadband plans explained
MyRepublic provides VDSL, fibre and hyperfibre broadband plans with unlimited data. For VDSL and fibre, you can choose to sign up on a no-lock-in, month-to-month contract with no set-up fees or you can commit to a 12-month contract with free monthly rental of a Wi-Fi modem. Their hyperfibre plans are all 12-month contracts.
VDSL is the fastest type of copper broadband and is available in 80% of homes. It offers speeds of up to 70Mbps download and 10Mbps upload. If you don’t have fibre where you live just yet, you can sign up for a MyRepublic VDSL plan and make the switch once fibre becomes available.
MyRepublic has two fibre plans to choose from. Fibre 100 comes with standard fibre speeds of up to 100Mbps download and 20Mbps upload, while the Fibre Pro plan has much faster speeds of up to 950Mbps download and 500Mbps upload. While many households will be comfortable with Fibre 100, Fibre Pro brings a better experience with multiple users streaming Netflix, downloading or gaming at the same time.
For serious gamers, the Gamer Fibre 100 and Gamer Fibre Pro plans are worth considering. These include a Static IP address, specialised gamer support and access to exclusive offers. You can also add an ASUS RT-AX3000 modem for $20 per month for the Gamer Fibre 100 plan or $15 per month for the Gamer Fibre Pro plan.
Hyperfibre is a step up from standard fibre and Chorus has completed the first phase of its rollout in 2020. It provides exhilarating speeds with low latency and is capable of providing a smooth experience even in high-capacity situations. MyRepublic has four plans on offer:
- Fibre 2000: Speeds of up to 2000Mbps down and 2000Mbps up
- Fibre 4000: Speeds of up to 4000Mbps down and 4000Mbps up
- Gamer Fibre 2000: Speeds of up to 2000Mbps down and 2000Mbps up
- Gamer Fibre 4000: Speeds of up to 4000Mbps down and 4000Mbps up
All hyperfibre plans are 12-month contracts with an installation fee of $249 and include an ONT/router.
Are there any bundled extras with MyRepublic broadband?
- Modems. All VDSL and standard fibre 12-month plans come with free monthly rental of the entry-level MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+ modem. You also have the option to upgrade to the ASUS RT-AX3000 modem for an upfront cost of $480 or monthly rental fee. The ASUS RT-AX3000 modem rental fee is $20 per month for the Fibre 100 and Gamer Fibre 100 plans and $15 per month for the Fibre Pro and Gamer Fibre Pro plans. Another step up from this is the TP-LINK AX11000 modem for even faster gaming at $35 per month.
- Gamers. Gamer support team, plus gamer customers get notified of special deals, events and gaming offers from MyRepublic partners.
- Home Voice. For $10 a month you can add a landline to your MyRepublic broadband plan. If you have an existing phone number that you want to keep, you can indicate this when you sign up.
- Static IP. If you need a Static IP, a monthly charge of $8 applies.
- Fast Internet. MyRepublic has the best range of super fast hyperfibre plans on the market and its Fibre Pro and Gamer Fibre Pro plans record speeds of up to nine times faster than standard plans.
- Unlimited data. All plans come with unlimited data so you don’t need to worry about keeping an eye on how much data you’ve used.
- Build your plan. After selecting your plan in the sign-up process you can customise it with the bundled extras that you need.
- No connection fees. There are no connection fees for MyRepublic broadband plans, with the exception of hyperfibre and business plans.
- VDSL while you wait. If you are waiting for fibre to be installed, MyRepublic will set you up on a VDSL plan in the meantime.
What to watch out for
- If you are on a 12-month MyRepublic broadband plan and decide to leave early, an early termination fee of up to $240 will be charged.
- Fibre and hyperfibre are available in nearly 200 New Zealand towns and cities so far. The fibre network is being rolled out by Chorus in additional towns in Northland and Southland in 2021. You can find out what’s available at your house at the moment by entering your address on the MyRepublic website.
- While there are no connection fees for fibre and VDSL plans, a $249 installation fee applies to hyperfibre plans.
- Hyperfibre is only available on 12-month plans.
MyRepublic broadband overall offers good value for heavy data users at the highest speed tier available at their address. The inclusion of gamer-specific plans with additional support and offers is also a big plus if your online interests include a lot of gaming activities. For those who still need a landline, you can add one on during the sign-up process, and if fibre is not available at your place just yet, you can start on VDSL and make the switch once it’s ready to go.
More guides on Finder
What is Hyperfibre?
If you thought fibre was fast, Chorus Hyperfibre is about to shake things up. This new broadband technology is being rolled out in 2020.
No contract broadband plans
Looking for a broadband plan with no long term commitments? Compare casual broadband plans to get the best value for money.
Compare cheap broadband plans
You don’t have to spend heaps on your broadband. Find out how to compare plans and how to save with our guide.
Fibre broadband deals
Fibre broadband delivers the fastest internet speeds available. Compare ultra fast broadband plans to find the best value for your needs today.
Unlimited broadband deals
Unlimited broadband plans allow you to browse, download and stream without exceeding expensive data caps. Compare and apply here.
Travelling to Dominican Republic? Here’s our guide to finding the best prepaid SIM card
Save money by opting for a prepaid SIM card when travelling to Dominican Republic.
Hide My Ass VPN with AVG | Price, features and plans
Keep yourself covered with Hide My Ass (HMA) VPN. This cheeky service offers three different payment plans for one VPN service. How does it stack up against the competition?
IPVanish VPN | Price, plans and features
IPVanish offers high speeds and an insane amount of servers all over the world but is it worth the monthly fee? We compare IPVanish’s prices, plans and features side-by-side to help you decide on the right VPN for you.
Ask an Expert