Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
MyRepublic broadband plans
MyRepublic offers high-speed broadband for web surfers, streamers and gamers, with fibre plans starting at $75 a month.
Updated . What changed?
Is MyRepublic right for me?
- What does MyRepublic offer? Fibre, HyperFibre and VDSL broadband on 12-month or month-to-month plans.
- Product highlights: Fast plans for gamers and streamers.
- Watch out for: Early exit fees; modem rental for month-to-month plans.
Awarded New Zealand’s Fastest ISP at the 2019 Speedtest Awards by Ookla, MyRepubic are the champions of speed in residential broadband. As well as offering VDSL, HyperFibre and fibre broadband here in Aotearoa, this provider has ultra-fast services in Australia, Singapore and Indonesia.
MyRepublic’s broadband plans are built for high-quality streaming of your favourite TV shows, downloading large files and having multiple users connected at the same time. It also has special plans for gamers, with extended support and access to exclusive gaming offers and events.
If you’re on the hunt for a new broadband plan and like the sound of a speedy Internet service with unlimited data, read on to find out more about MyRepublic broadband.
Compare MyRepublic broadband plans
MyRepublic broadband plans explained
MyRepublic provides VDSL, fibre and HyperFibre broadband plans with unlimited data. For VDSL and fibre, you can choose to sign up on a no-lock-in, month-to-month contract with no set-up fees or you can commit to a 12-month contract with free monthly rental of a Wi-Fi modem.
VDSL is the fastest type of copper broadband and is available in 80% of homes. It offers speeds of up to 70Mbps download and 10Mbps upload. If you don’t have fibre where you live just yet, you can sign up for a MyRepublic VDSL plan and make the switch once fibre becomes available.
MyRepublic has two fibre plans to choose from. Fibre 100 comes with standard fibre speeds of up to 100Mbps download and 20Mbps upload, while the Fibre Pro plan has much faster speeds of up to 950Mbps download and 500Mbps upload. While many households will be comfortable with Fibre 100, Fibre Pro brings a better experience with multiple users streaming Netflix, downloading or gaming at the same time.
For serious gamers, the Gamer Fibre 100 and Gamer Fibre Pro plans are worth considering. These include a Static IP address, specialised gamer support and access to exclusive offers. You also get free monthly rental of an ASUS RT-AX3000 modem.
HyperFibre is a step up from standard fibre and is being rolled out across the Chorus network in 2020. It provides exhilarating speeds with low latency and is capable of providing a smooth experience even in high-capacity situations. MyRepublic has four plans on offer:
- Fibre 2000: Speeds of up to 2000Mbps down and 2000Mbps up
- Fibre 4000: Speeds of up to 4000Mbps down and 4000Mbps up
- Gamer Fibre 2000: Speeds of up to 2000Mbps down and 2000Mbps up
- Gamer Fibre 4000: Speeds of up to 4000Mbps down and 4000Mbps up
The Gamer Fibre plans come with extended support and exclusive offers for gamers. All HyperFibre plans have an installation fee of $249 and include an ONT/router.
Are there any bundled extras with MyRepublic broadband?
- Modem. All VDSL and standard fibre 12-month plans come with free monthly rental of the entry-level MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub+ modem. If you choose a month-to-month plan, a rental fee of $5 per month will be charged. You also have the option to upgrade to the ASUS RT-AX3000 modem for an upfront cost of $399 or monthly rental fee of $20 on 12-month contracts. The ASUS RT-AX3000 modem monthly rental is free on the Gamer Fibre 100 and Gamer Fibre Pro plans.
- Home Voice. For $10 a month you can add a landline to your MyRepublic broadband plan. If you have an existing phone number that you want to keep, you can indicate this when you sign up.
- Static IP. If you need a Static IP, a monthly charge of $8 applies.
- Fast Internet. MyRepublic boasts having some of the fastest speeds on the market. Its Fibre Pro and Gamer Fibre Pro plans record speeds of up to nine times faster than standard plans.
- Unlimited data. All plans come with unlimited data so you don’t need to worry about keeping an eye on how much data you’ve used.
- Build your plan. After selecting your plan in the sign-up process you can customise it with the bundled extras that you need.
- No connection fees. There are no connection fees for MyRepublic broadband plans with the exception of HyperFibre and business plans.
- VDSL while you wait. If you are waiting for fibre to be installed, MyRepublic will set you up on a VDSL plan in the meantime.
What to watch out for
- If you are on a 12-month MyRepublic broadband plan and decide to leave early, an early termination fee of up to $240 will be charged.
- Fibre and HyperFibre are not available everywhere just yet. HyperFibre is being rolled out across the Chorus network in 2020. You can find out what’s available at your house at the moment by entering your address on the MyRepublic website.
- While there are no connection fees for fibre and VDSL plans, a $249 installation fee applies to HyperFibre plans.
- HyperFibre is only available on 12-month plans.
Why should you consider MyRepublic broadband?
MyRepublic broadband overall offers good value for heavy data users at the highest speed tier available at their address. The inclusion of gamer-specific plans with additional support and offers is also a big plus if your online interests include a lot of gaming activities. For those who still need a landline, you can add one on during the sign-up process, and if fibre is not available at your place just yet, you can start on VDSL and make the switch once it’s ready to go.
Read more on this topic
Farmside broadband deals Learn more about Farmside’s broadband plans and prices and see if it’s right for your needs.
Compass broadband deals Compass stands out from the broadband crowd with prepaid or weekly payment options for unlimited broadband
Wireless Nation broadband deals Wireless Nation broadband is specifically designed for Kiwis that live rurally or in remote areas.
Voyager broadband deals If you’re looking for unlimited data without being tied into a long term contract, check out what Voyager has to offer.
Nova Energy broadband plans Sign up for broadband and energy with Nova Energy and enjoy an account credit, new TV or Plume Superpods.
Slow internet? We help you identify and solve the issue If you're suffering from slow download speeds or choppy Netflix streams, Internet congestion may be to blame.
Contact Energy broadband deals: Bundle and save Find out how you can save up to $25 a month on your broadband with a Broadband Bundle from Contact Energy.
VelocityNet broadband plans This Invercargill-based broadband provider has a range of plans from fibre to DSL and covers rural areas. See if VelocityNet is right for you.
WorldNet broadband deals Whether you are looking for ADSL, VDSL or lightning-fast fibre, WorldNet has something for everyone.
Netspeed broadband plans Netspeed can cover you if you live in a city or rurally and includes an optional phone plan. Find out more in our review.
Ask an Expert