Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Contact Energy broadband deals: Bundle and save
Find out how you can save up to $25 a month by bundling your broadband and energy plans.
Updated . What changed?
Is Contact broadband right for me?
- What Contact offers: Unlimited broadband plans for energy customers.
- The highlights: Save up to $25 a month with Broadband Bundle.
- Watch out for: You do need a residential electricity account at the same address you want your broadband.
It wasn’t that long ago that energy companies were only relied on for electricity and gas, and internet service providers supplied us with our internet. But these days, we are seeing more companies offering a mixture of services, and enticing customers with discounts for keeping their energy and broadband services together.
Contact is one such company who offers broadband plans along with electricity and gas. Not only can bundling your utilities together save you money, but you also have fewer bills and fewer providers to worry about when managing your household.
Read on to find out more about Contact’s broadband service and how much you could save on your monthly bill.
Compare Contact Energy broadband plansContact offers unlimited broadband plans through ADSL, VDSL and fibre for its energy customers.
If you are already a Contact customer for electricity, you can sign up for the broadband service, but new customers will need to sign up for both electricity and broadband at the same time.
When you sign up, you can choose a plan for your electricity: Basic, with simple energy rates; Everyday Bonus Fixed, which includes $150 off your first bill; or Fuel Rewards, which gives you a 30c per litre fuel discount once a month.
Then you can choose ADSL, VDSL or fibre broadband based on what is available at your place. There are three types of fibre plans depending on the speed that you need – Fast Fibre, Faster Fibre or Max Fibre.
Maximum download and upload speeds that you can expect with Contact broadband are as follows:
- ADSL: 10Mbps down/2Mbps up
- VDSL: 70Mbps down/15Mbps up
- Fast Fibre: 100Mbps down/20Mbps up
- Faster Fibre: 200Mbps down/20Mbps up
- Max Fibre: 1000Mbps down/500Mbps up
All broadband plans are unlimited, so you don’t need to worry about deciding how much data you will need each month.
To save on your broadband bill, rather than choosing one of the electricity plans mentioned above, you can opt for a Broadband Bundle. This allows you to bundle your electricity or your electricity and gas together with your broadband to enjoy a monthly discount of up to $25 depending on the connection type. A modem is provided free of charge.
|Connection||Standard monthly price||Broadband Bundle price|
|Fast Fibre||$89.99||From $59.99|
|Faster Fibre||$114.99||From $89.99|
|Max Fibre||$129.99||From $104.99|
Are there any bundled extras with Contact broadband?
As well as having your broadband and energy on one bill, you can add a landline service. This costs $10 a month and includes unlimited national landline calls.
Calling packages are also available, with options for New Zealand mobiles or international calling to 10 countries.
- Free modem. When you sign up for Contact broadband you will be given a new modem to use free of charge. You are welcome to use your own, but it may need some reprogramming to meet Contact’s technical requirements.
- No contract. Rather than committing to 12 or 24 months, Contact does not lock you into a long-term plan. A no term contract means that you can cancel or change at any time.
- Upgrade to fibre. If you are keen to get fibre but don’t have a connection to your home just yet, you could be waiting weeks or months for the installation process. Instead, you can sign up for the service that you currently use. By doing this you can get online as soon as possible and then Contact will upgrade you to fibre once the process has been completed.
- No data limits. With unlimited data, you can stream and download as much as you want without having to worry about data caps.
- Simple pricing. Rather than having separate bills with different providers, you can have your broadband, energy, gas and phone on one account each month. This makes life much simpler with fewer bills to worry about and only one provider to deal with should you have any problems.
Watch out for
To be able to get Contact broadband, you must have a residential electricity account at the same address you want your broadband at. It is not available if you:
- Want to use broadband at a different address than your electricity
- Are on weekly or fortnightly billing
- Have a Time of Use meter
- Are a Bach Plan, PrePay or PrePower customer
- Are a business customer
Contact broadband is not available everywhere, so you will need to check if you are able to get a connection at your place.
Contact broadband summary
Being able to save as much as $25 a month on your broadband is certainly appealing, and let’s not forget how much easier it is to have fewer bills to think about when managing your household. However, the discount is only available if you sign up for the Broadband Bundle, so it’s worth considering all your options to make sure you are getting the best deal for your home.
Read more on this topic
Farmside broadband deals Learn more about Farmside’s broadband plans and prices and see if it’s right for your needs.
Compass broadband deals Compass stands out from the broadband crowd with prepaid or weekly payment options for unlimited broadband
Wireless Nation broadband deals Wireless Nation broadband is specifically designed for Kiwis that live rurally or in remote areas.
Voyager broadband deals If you’re looking for unlimited data without being tied into a long term contract, check out what Voyager has to offer.
Nova Energy broadband plans Sign up for broadband and energy with Nova Energy and enjoy an account credit, new TV or Plume Superpods.
Slow internet? We help you identify and solve the issue If you're suffering from slow download speeds or choppy Netflix streams, Internet congestion may be to blame.
VelocityNet broadband plans This Invercargill-based broadband provider has a range of plans from fibre to DSL and covers rural areas. See if VelocityNet is right for you.
WorldNet broadband deals Whether you are looking for ADSL, VDSL or lightning-fast fibre, WorldNet has something for everyone.
Netspeed broadband plans Netspeed can cover you if you live in a city or rurally and includes an optional phone plan. Find out more in our review.
Gravity broadband deals If you live in a remote area and want to get connected, Gravity broadband may have a solution for you.