Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compass broadband deals
Compass stands out from the broadband crowd with prepaid or weekly payment options for unlimited internet.
Is Compass right for me?
- What does Compass offer?: Unlimited broadband plans
- The highlights: Prepay or weekly payment options; flexible terms
- Watch out for: Router is only free on 24-month contracts
Compass is committed to offering great value and low priced internet, with options to suit casual users or homes looking for a long-term contract.
Established in the telecommunications market since 1995, Compass has invested in its own nationwide network to provide copper and fibre broadband to Kiwis around the country.
As well as standard monthly payments, Compass gives the option of weekly payments for fibre, and prepaid daily plans for those who need a short-term broadband solution.
Compare Compass broadband plans
Types of plans offered by Compass
Compass offers ADSL, VDSL and fibre broadband plans with unlimited data.
For ADSL and VDSL, you can sign up for a 12- or 24-month plan, or opt for a no-term contract for the same price of $74.95 per month.
Standard connection is free on a 24-month contract, $50 on a 12-month contract and $70 on a no-term contract.
When it comes to fibre, there are three speeds to choose from: Fibre 30, Fibre 100 and Fibre Max.
Fibre 30 gives download speeds of up to 30Mbps and upload speeds of up to 10Mbps, Fibre 100 has up to 100Mbps down and 20Mbps up and Fibre Max up to 900Mbps down and 450Mbps upload.
Another alternative is a prepaid plan on Fibre 100, where you pay per day. For $3 a day you get unlimited data, and for $4 a day you get unlimited data and a landline. If you need a router, this will cost $113.95.
Without paying tied into a contract, a prepaid plan could be suitable for someone who travels a lot, or even for use at a holiday home.
Are there any bundled extras with Compass?
For $3.95 a month, Compass will take care of the upkeep and maintenance of your wires and cabling.
- Flexible payments. With Compass, you can choose to pay for your broadband weekly or monthly, or opt for the daily prepaid option.
- Terms to suit. Sign up for a 12- or 24-month contract, or if you’d prefer more flexibility, no-term contracts are also available.
- Gigabit router. A high-performance gigabit router is free on a 24-month contract. Alternatively, you can buy or rent if you choose a shorter term.
- One free house move. If you need to move house during your 12- or 24-month contract, Compass will take care of transferring your connection for free.
What to be aware of
- One free house move is included with your Compass plan, but if you need to move again, there will be a $65 charge.
- Pricing shown is for credit card and direct debit customers only. If you prefer to pay with a different method, an additional $5 will be charged.
- If you’re signing up for ADSL or VDSL and there is no copper line to your property, a $199 fee will apply. There is also a $150 jack point fee if you don’t have one or need a new one.
- Standard installation for fibre is free, but some additional costs may be applicable for non-standard work.
More guides on Finder
Here’s how to take advantage of the Acorn TV free trial
Acorn TV lets you test out the platform free for a week.
Slow internet? We help you identify and solve the issue
If you’re suffering from slow download speeds or choppy Netflix streams, Internet congestion may be to blame.
$1000 cash loans
Don’t stress if you need $1,000 cash quickly. Consider applying for a loan from a payday lender if you need money urgently.
Invoice financing can be an effective way to provide consistent cash flow without high-interest rates and uncertainty of other loans. Find out if it’s right for you.
81% of Kiwis facing streaming issues as broadband traffic breaks new record
Around 3 million New Zealanders may potentially face disruption to their broadband service as internet usage peaks during the shutdown. Find out how to minimise streaming dropouts.
How to relocate your broadband when moving house
Helpful info on reconnecting your broadband at your new address.
What is 5G? And just how fast is it?
Confused about what 5G really means? Check out our guide on what you need to know about 5G in NZ.
What is Hyperfibre?
If you thought fibre was fast, Chorus Hyperfibre is about to shake things up. This new broadband technology is being rolled out in 2020.
CarFinance2U Car Loan Review
CarFinance2U find the best deal for your vehicle finance. Weekly payments start at $50 a week and bad credit applications are welcome.
Best mobile plans for students
From budget-conscious to international students, different mobile plans offer something for every type of student.