BNZ Lite Visa
The BNZ Lite Visa is an excellent choice for people who want a quality credit card without all of the cost.
The BNZ Lite Visa credit card can be ideal for customers who want to take advantage of a low purchase interest rate. It’s also a considerable option for those who wish to reduce the amount they pay in interest charges each month and keep credit card fees to a minimum.
|Product Name||BNZ Lite Visa|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.9% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$30 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||2% of transaction value or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$2|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
BNZ Lite Visa Credit Card Overview
The BNZ Lite Visa credit card is the perfect choice for those customers who sometimes take a while to repay the outstanding balance on their credit cards. Rather than pay exorbitant interest rates, the Lite Visa credit card lets you enjoy a low-interest rate on purchases, which helps keep your costs to a minimum. At the same time, you can focus on repaying the outstanding balance.
Additionally, BNZ keeps the monthly account fee for the Lite Visa account to a minimum, which helps further reduce costs.
Finder NZ does not currently have access to this credit card provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider’s website if you consider applying for this product.
Benefits Of The BNZ Lite Visa
- Purchase Rate – One of the biggest costs associated with any credit card is the purchase interest rate. The BNZ Lite Visa comes with a rock bottom purchase interest rate of only 12.9% per annum. That is far cheaper then many cards on the market and makes it easy for you to control your balances. You also get up to 55 interest free days, as long as you repay the previous month’s balance. Taking full advantage of that benefit may allow you to finance costly purchases for nothing.
- Low Payments – Some months cash is a little harder to find. During those times, you can choose to pay only $25 or 2% of your outstanding balance each month. If you are over your limit or have an outstanding balance, this also needs to be paid. Although you are still charged interest on the full debt, these minimum payments can help you get through the lean times.
- Cash Advances – Whether you are in New Zealand or abroad, you can go to an ATM and withdraw cash from your credit card. The cash advance rate is 22.95% per annum. However, bear in mind that these transactions have no interest-free period, so you start paying for them immediately.
- Low Cost – Unlike some cards that charge hundreds of dollars in annual fees, the BNZ Lite Visa credit card comes with an annual of only $30. If you add an additional card, the added fee is $3. Other costs BNZ may charge include a late payment fee of $2, a statement copy fee of $5, and an over the limit fee of $2 per statement.
- Security – Everyone wants to know that they are protected with the most technologically advanced security features when they swipe their card. This card comes with these protections. Each time you make a balance inquiry, cash advance, or mini statement, your account is updated, protecting you from fraudsters. When you shop online, look for the Verified by Visa logo for added protection.
Owning a BNZ Lite Visa is a great way to save money without sacrificing anything. You still get the convenience and security that you expect from a credit card. On top of that, you have excellent interest rates and the chance to set your payments so they meet your monthly budget. Do not waste any more money on those expensive credit cards. Instead, get a quality credit card at a price that makes sense for your budget.
Flexible Repayment Options
BNZ understands that everyone has different preferences when making credit card repayments. For this reason, they’ve put together multiple flexible payment options.
You can choose to make your minimum monthly payments via direct debit. Fill in the request form, and BNZ deducts your payment amount from your nominated account on the designated date.
If you prefer, you can also set up an automatic payment option, which is ideal if you wish to make several smaller repayments throughout each month to coincide with your salary pay-date schedule. For example, instead of making one payment of $100 per month, you might decide to set up an automatic instalment of $25 per week.
You can also transfer funds into your account from an existing BNZ account or use online or telephone banking to transfer money.
As long as you make at least the minimum payment amount due each month, it’s up to you how you do so.
Who Is Best Suited to the BNZ Lite Visa Credit Card?
Any customer who takes some time to repay their credit card balance may benefit from the BNZ Lite Visa card. The interest rate charged on purchases is far lower than comparative credit cards. It gives you the chance to pay for the things you need, but you know you’re paying less than with other credit cards while you work to repay your balance.
Of course, if you can repay your entire outstanding balance in full before the due date, you can benefit from up to 55 days with no interest charged on purchases you make.
The bottom line
Some people use their cards to earn points toward fancy reward schemes. While those schemes can be valuable, they come at a high price. If you would rather not spend the extra money but still want the convenience and security of using plastic, this could be the perfect card for you. With the BNZ Lite Visa, you get loads of amenities at a low cost without having to spend loads of cash.