BNZ Advantage Classic credit card
Earn cash rewards or Fly Buys points with a bonus for spending $1,500 in the first 3 months.
If you use your credit card for everyday purchases, it makes sense to have a card that rewards you for doing so. The BNZ Advantage Classic allows you to choose how you will be rewarded with Cash Rewards and Fly Buys points schemes available.
Not only can you start earning rewards from the time that you start using your card, but you can also earn a bonus by spending $1,500 in the first three months.
To be eligible to apply, you’ll need to have held a BNZ transactional account for at least three months.
|Product Name||BNZ Advantage Classic Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.95% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$40 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of transaction value or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$2|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the BNZ Advantage Classic credit card
- Earn rewards. Nominate to earn either Fly Buys points or Cash Rewards from the first day you start using your card for eligible purchases.
- Cash Rewards. If you choose Cash Rewards as your reward programme, you’ll earn $1 Cash Reward for every $150 you spend on your BNZ Advantage Classic. The Cash Rewards you accumulate can be used to reduce your credit card balance, saved in your savings account or contributed to your KiwiSaver account each month.
- Fly Buys points. Earn 1 Fly Buys point for every $40 you spend at Fly Buys retailers. You can also earn another set of points if you swipe your Fly Buys card at the same time. Once you have accumulated Fly Buys points, you can use them for thousands of rewards or convert them to KiwiSaver contributions.
- Signup bonus. When you spend a minimum of $1,500 in the first 3 months, you’ll either receive $75 cash back or 500 Fly Buys points.
- Phone payments. Connect your card with Google Pay or Apple Pay if you have a compatible phone for more convenience when shopping.
Features of the BNZ Advantage Classic Credit Card
- Account fee. The card fee for the BNZ Advantage Classic Card is $20 every six months, for a total annual fee of $40.
- Joint or additional card. You can request a joint or additional card at a cost of $6 every 6 months.
- Interest rate. An interest rate of 20.95% p.a. applies to purchases and cash advances have an interest rate of 22.95%.
- Interest-free purchases. You can enjoy no interest on purchases for up to 55 days.
- Manage your card. The BNZ app allows you to manage your card settings while you’re on the go. You can turn Paywave on and off, and temporarily block your card if you misplace it.
- Zero fraud liability guarantee. BNZ will repay any fraudulent transactions provided you have met the terms and conditions of the card.
How to apply
After you’ve compared this card against the alternatives and you like the sound of being rewarded with cash or Fly Buys points, you can apply if you’ve had a transactional account with BNZ for at least three months.
You can start your application on the BNZ website or through Internet Banking. Make sure that you have compared the features and benefits with other cards and that you meet the eligibility requirements.
To be eligible to apply, you need to meet the following BNZ criteria:
- Be 18 years or over
- Be a New Zealand resident living in New Zealand
- Earn more than $15,000 a year
BNZ requires that you hold a New Zealand Driver’s Licence to apply online. If you don’t have a licence, BNZ will be in touch about how you can prove your identity.
You will also need to provide proof of address and bank statements during the application process so make sure to have these ready.