ASB Visa Rewards credit card
Earn True Rewards or AA Smartfuel discounts just by using your ASB Visa Rewards card for everyday purchases.
Being rewarded for spending is a win-win situation, and the ASB Visa Rewards card gives you two ways to do so.
Rather than having one reward programme that may not suit your needs, ASB allows you to choose between True Rewards and AA Smartfuel discounts. You don’t have to make your mind up when you apply, as you can switch and change throughout the term of your card.
|Product Name||ASB Visa Rewards Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.95% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$40 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||22.95% APR|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the ASB Visa Rewards credit card
- Choose your reward.When you sign up to the ASB Visa Rewards card you can choose between True Rewards or AA Smartfuel discounts. You can also switch between rewards on a daily basis.
- True Rewards.For every $150 you spend on your card you’ll earn 1 True Rewards Dollar. True Rewards Dollars can be redeemed at the online store, at House of Travel and at partner stores. You can also donate your dollars to charity or use them as contributions to your KiwiSaver scheme.
- AA Smartfuel discounts. If you choose to get AA Smartfuel discounts, every $75 you spend on your ASB Visa Rewards card equates to 1c per litre off to a maximum of 50 litres.
- Transfer your balance. You won’t pay any interest for 6 months on a balance transferred from another credit card.
- Mobile payments. For greater convenience when shopping, connect your ASB Visa Rewards to Garmin Pay, Fitbit Pay, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Features of the ASB Visa Rewards credit card
- Interest rate. This credit card has an interest rate for purchases of 20.95% p.a., and 22.95% p.a. for cash advances.
- Account fee. Every 6 months you’ll pay an account fee of $20, automatically charged to your card.
- Joint and additional cards. If you want to add a joint cardholder there will be a $13 per person fee every 6 months. Additional cards have a fee of $6 every 6 months.
- ASB Card Control. This app allows you to control your card from your phone with the ability to turn off and on different types of transactions or put a block on your card.
How to apply
Once you’ve compared credit cards and you want to apply for the ASB Visa Rewards card, you can contact ASB by phone or visit a branch.
Alternatively, you can complete an application form online at a time convenient to you.
You will need to supply your contact information and financial details, and you can expect to receive a response within 1-2 working days.
Existing ASB customers can apply through internet banking.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a regular income
- Agree to a credit check
If you don’t have a banking relationship already with ASB, you will need to prove your identity and what you earn.
During the application process, you will be asked to provide a valid photo ID, proof of address and bank statements.
Try to have these documents handy so you get things finalised as quickly as possible. Depending on your situation, ASB may ask for additional documentation before approval.