ASB Visa Light credit card
Take control of your budget with ASB’s lowest credit card interest rate and no annual account fee.
The ASB Visa Light does not come with rewards or special privileges, but it does allow you to save money with no account fee and the lowest interest-rate ASB has to offer.
|Product Name||ASB Visa Light|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||13.5% APR|
|Annual Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||22.95% APR|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Late Payment Fee||$9|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
For any purchases over $1,000, you won’t pay any interest for 6 months thanks to Smart Rate.
You can also transfer outstanding credit card balance over to the ASB Visa Light at 0.0% interest for 6 months.
Benefits of the ASB Visa Light
- Smart Rate on big purchases. When you spend $1,000 or more on a single purchase using your ASB Visa Light, you won’t pay any interest for 6 months. Some transactions are exempt and the standard interest rate will apply if you haven’t paid off the purchase after 6 months.
- No account fee. With no annual card fee to worry about, you can save a bit of extra cash compared to using an alternative credit card.
- Mobile payments. Connect your ASB Visa Light to Google Pay, Apple Pay, Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay for more convenient purchasing.
- Transfer your balance. If you transfer the outstanding balance from an existing card to your ASB Visa Light, you won’t pay any interest on this amount for 6 months.
Features of the ASB Visa Light
- Interest rate. For standard purchases, an interest rate of 13.5% p.a. applies. The interest rate for cash advances is 22.95%.
- Joint or additional card. You can request a joint or additional card with your ASB Visa Light without paying any account or card fees.
- Interest-free days. When you use your ASB Visa Light for purchases, you’ll enjoy up to 55 days interest-free.
- ASB Card Control. The ASB Card Control app allows you to manage your credit card wherever you are, at any time of day. You can turn on and off different kinds of transactions, set a spending limit and lock your card if you’ve misplaced it.
How to apply
To apply for the ASB Visa Light card, you can visit a branch or complete the application form on the ASB website. Before commencing, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and that you have compared the rates and benefits with other similar cards. The online application takes 5-10 minutes to complete and you’ll be required to provide personal and financial details. If you’re already an ASB customer, you can apply through your internet banking.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a regular income
- Agree to a credit check
- To prove your identity and that you are receiving a regular income, ASB will ask you for the following documents during the application process:
- Valid photo ID
- Proof of address
- Proof of income, usually bank statements or payslips
Once you complete your application, ASB will contact you within two working days to let you know the outcome. In some cases, you may need to supply additional information or documentation for ASB to make a decision.