ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum
Earn Airpoints Dollars faster and take advantage of special Platinum card benefits.
After a great rewards credit card with ample features and benefits for travellers? The ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum not only gives you overseas travel insurance, Visa Concierge and no foreign currency commission, but you’ll also earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $85 you spend.
These points reward you for your everyday spending and can be redeemed for flights, travel, and a lot more.
You’ll also earn Status Points while you spend so you can move up through the Airpoints programme membership tiers to enjoy more travel benefits.
|Product Name||ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95%|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.95% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$150 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$8,000|
|Late Payment Fee||$6|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes|
Benefits of the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum
- Earn Airpoints Dollars. For every $85 you spend on eligible purchases, you earn 1 Airpoints Dollar. Airpoints Dollars can be redeemed for a number of rewards including flights, upgrades, merchandise, gifts and rental cars. There is no limit on the amount you can earn and your Airpoints Dollars do not expire as long as you have a current card.
- Status Points. For every $250 you spend, you earn 1 Status Point. As you accumulate Status Points, you can move up the Air New Zealand membership tiers and enjoy benefits such as lounge access and extra baggage allowance. Terms and conditions apply, so make sure you check these out.
- Koru membership. By holding the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum, you don’t have to pay a joining fee for the Koru programme. You also receive a discount of $145 on the yearly membership fee.
- Complimentary lounge vouchers. For every $30,000 you spend on eligible purchases, you receive two free Air New Zealand lounge vouchers.
- Airpoints Dollars advance. If you are short on Airpoints Dollars for a flight or upgrade, you can get up to 200 in advance.
- Visa Concierge service. Visa Concierge is a service offered to Platinum cardholders. It assists anywhere in the world with travel arrangements, dinner reservations and more.
- Travel insurance. Take advantage of overseas travel insurance when you pay for 50% or more of your travel bookings on your card.
Features of the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum
- Interest rate. An interest rate of 19.95% p.a. applies to both purchases and cash advances.
- Annual fee. Every 6 months you are charged $75, for a total annual fee of $150.
- Additional cards. Each joint or additional card has a $10 annual fee, for which you are charged $5 every 6 months.
- Mobile payments. Connect your card to Google Pay or Apple Pay for convenient shopping.
- Management tools. ANZ Card Manager allows you to put a temporary block on your card, report it as lost or stolen, and manage your PIN. Internet banking and a smartphone app give you access to your accounts from anywhere at any time.
- Visa Zero Liability. If your card is lost or stolen, you aren’t liable for fraudulent transactions as long as you have complied with ANZ’s terms and conditions.
- Fraud monitoring. ANZ contacts you if it detects activity on your card that seems suspicious and will block transactions if you are unreachable.
How to apply
Before applying for the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documentation. If collecting Airpoints is essential to you, it’s worth comparing it with other Airpoints cards.
You can then visit a branch, contact ANZ by phone, or visit the ANZ website to complete an application form. If you complete the form online, you can expect to hear from ANZ within two working days.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be an NZ citizen or permanent resident. If you are a non-resident, you must have at least one year left on a work visa or six months on a student visa.
- Have a regular income.
- You need to provide evidence that you have income left over to meet your credit card repayments once you meet your other commitments.
If you are not an ANZ customer, you need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Valid photo ID: For example, a passport or driver’s licence.
- Proof of address: A recent utility bill, bank statement or government letter that shows your name and address.
- Bank statements: At least 3 months’ worth of bank statements, and it must be for the account that your income is credited to.
ANZ may require further information from you to process your application, and they will contact you within two working days to discuss the next steps.
The bottom line
The ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum card is a premium option and therefore comes with a substantial annual fee of $150. However, if you want to collect Airpoints Dollars, the card provides a reasonable rate of 1 Airpoints Dollar per $85 spent. You can also call upon an advance of 200 points if you need it to pay for a reward. With Visa Concierge service, plus Airport lounge discount and admission vouchers, the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum card may be an option if you like the finer things in life.