ANZ Airpoints Visa
Get in the air faster by earning Airpoints Dollars on eligible purchases with the ANZ Airpoints Visa.
If you like to travel, the ANZ Airpoints Visa allows you to earn Airpoints Dollars while you spend.
These can be redeemed for flights, upgrades, gifts, rental cars and more, plus your points will never expire as long as you hold a current card.
Often cards charge a higher interest rate for cash advances, but with this card the interest rate of 19.95% p.a. applies to both purchases and cash advances
|Product Name||ANZ Airpoints Visa Credit Card|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95%|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.95% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$65 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Late Payment Fee||$6|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes|
Benefits of the ANZ Airpoints Visa
- Earn Airpoints Dollars. For every $130 you spend on eligible purchases, you receive 1 Airpoints Dollar. As with other credit cards that offer Airpoints, Airpoints Dollars can be redeemed for flights on Air New Zealand and partner airlines, flight upgrades, rental cars, gifts, merchandise and more. There is no maximum amount of Airpoints Dollars that you can earn.
- No expiry. As long as you hold a current ANZ Airpoints Visa, your Airpoints Dollars never expire. There is no cap on how many you can earn.
- Mobile payments. Connect your credit card to your Google Pay or Apple Pay account for more convenient shopping.
- ANZ Card Manager. With the ANZ Card Manager, you can manage your PIN, report a stolen card or put on a temporary block if you misplace it.
- Interest-free purchases. Enjoy up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay off your card balance in full each month.
Features of the ANZ Airpoints Visa
- Interest rate. An interest rate of 19.95% p.a. applies to both purchases and cash advances.
- Annual fee. Every 6 months you will be charged $32.50, for a total annual fee of $65.
- Additional cards. Each additional or joint card has a $10 annual fee, charged at $5 every 6 months.
- Visa Zero Liability. If your card is lost or stolen, you won’t be liable for fraudulent transactions as long as you have complied with ANZ’s terms and conditions.
- Fraud monitoring. ANZ contacts you if the activity on your card seems suspicious, and blocks transactions if you are unreachable.
- Contactless payments. You only need to enter your PIN if your transaction is over $200.
How to apply
Before applying for the ANZ Airpoints Visa, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documentation.
You can then visit a branch, contact ANZ by phone, or visit the ANZ website to complete an application form. If you complete the form online, you can expect to hear from ANZ within two working days.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be an NZ citizen or permanent resident. If you are a non-resident, you must have at least one year left on a work visa or six months on a student visa.
- Have a regular income.
- Be able to provide evidence that you have income left over to meet your credit card repayments once your other commitments have been met.
If you are not an ANZ customer, you will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Valid photo ID: Passport or driver’s licence.
- Proof of address: A recent utility bill, bank statement or government letter that shows your name and address.
- Bank statements: At least 3 months’ worth of bank statements. These must be for the account that your income is credited to.
ANZ may require further information from you to process your application, and they will contact you within two working days to discuss the next steps.
The bottom line
If you are after an Airpoints card with a more modest annual fee, then the ANZ Airpoints Visa could be the one for you, although, it comes with a more modest Airpoints Dollars earn rate than its Platinum counterpart. Make sure you compare your options before making a final decision.