Air New Zealand promo codes and sales for April 2020
Get the lowest fares to New Zealand and more destinations with these Air New Zealand promo codes.
Making your way around the world has never been easier, thanks to the award-winning Air New Zealand.
The flagship carrier offers direct flights from New Zealand to Australia and flights to destinations like the USA, Canada, Argentina and the South Pacific Islands.
Latest Air New Zealand promo codes and sales
Which airports does Air New Zealand fly to?
Air New Zealand flies domestically in New Zealand, to Australia, the South Pacific, USA, Canada and Argentina. Here’s a list of all airports:
Pros and cons of Air New Zealand
- Competitive fares. Air New Zealand sales offers competitive fares to help you save money on your holiday.
- Partner airlines. Air New Zealand is a member of the Star Alliance and has also partnered with Qantas, Etihad Airways, and Cathay Pacific, to give passengers access to a wider range of destinations.
- Range of travel services. The airline offers a range of travel services so you can book hotels, car rental, and much more.
- Limited routes. Air New Zealand has limited routes as it mostly focuses on South Pacific and Australian destinations. However, it does have partner airlines that service other parts of the world.
- No online chat. While there is a toll-free support number, online chat isn’t available to those booking fares online.
What’s the difference between Air New Zealand economy, premium economy and business classes?
|What’s included?||Economy Class||Premium Economy Class||Business Premier Class|
|Food and drink|
What is the Air New Zealand Skycouch?
It’s like getting a whole row to yourself, only better.
Air New Zealand’s Skycouch is an entire economy row to yourself with an additional footrest that folds up to create a flat bed where you can stretch out and rest more comfortably than if sitting upright. The arm rest next to the window in these seats is also adjustable for added comfort.
When fully reclined, the Skycouch is 1.55 metres long.
Does Air New Zealand offer online check-in?
Yes. You can check in online at Air New Zealand’s website and print off your boarding pass. You can also use the Air NZ mobile app for an electronic boarding pass, however this may not be accepted on all flights due to transit requirements (i.e. destinations requiring a visa or proof of onward ticket). It’s recommended to check directly with Air New Zealand whether your electronic boarding pass will be accepted.
What’s Air New Zealand’s baggage allowance?
- Economy: One carry-on bag up to 7kg is included in your fare. Checked bags aren’t included in the basic economy fare, but you can upgrade to Seat+Bag (or The Works to also include food and entertainment) to include this in your ticket.
- Premier Economy: Two carry-on bags up to 7kg each and two checked bags up to 23kg each are included in your fare.
- Business Premier: Two carry-on bags up to 7kg each and three checked bags up to 23kg each are included in your fare.
Does Air New Zealand have in-flight entertainment?
Air New Zealand offers screens on every seat (or tucked into the armrest) on all international flights, with a few exceptions including select flights between New Zealand, Australia, the Pacific Islands, Honolulu and Bali.
Domestic flights in New Zealand are quite short, and don’t offer anything beyond a monthly in-flight magazine, so we’d recommend looking into options like downloading shows and movies to a personal device.
Does Air New Zealand offer in-flight Wi-Fi?
Yes, and it’s completely free until 28 February 2018. It’s available on 777-300s, 777-200s, A321neos and A320neos. The rest of the fleet will have Wi-Fi installed with the aim to have all planes online by 2019. After the free period is up, an in-flight Wi-Fi pass will cost between $30-$40.
Is there an Air New Zealand frequent flyer program?
Yes, Air New Zealand’s rewards program is called Air New Zealand Airpoints. In a nutshell, you’ll earn Airpoints Dollars on eligible fares and on flights with select partner airlines. You can use the points toward flights, upgrades, rental cars and more.
Is Air New Zealand part of Star Alliance?
Yes, Air New Zealand is a member of the Star Alliance network, which also includes airlines like Air Canada, Air China, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines and United. Through these partner airlines, it allows connections to more than 1,330 destinations in 192 countries around the world.
Is Air New Zealand affiliated with Qantas?
No. Air New Zealand isn’t a member of the same airline alliance as Qantas, which is part of oneworld.
About Air New Zealand and its history
Air New Zealand is New Zealand’s national carrier and operates across 15 countries. The airline’s route focuses on the South Pacific region and Australasia, and services 27 locations domestically and 29 internationally. The airline, which was once owned by the New Zealand and Australian governments, is now fully owned by its host country and is a Star Alliance member.
Air New Zealand carries approximately 11.7 million passengers every year. Why not make it one more by booking yourself on an Air New Zealand getaway?
Ask an Expert