AA Money Car Loan review
With AA Money, your car finance could be approved in just an hour.
If you’re looking to buy a vehicle, AA Money provides car loans with short turnaround times so you can gain approval in just an hour.
7.95% - 15.95%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
AA Money overview
AA Money is a joint venture between the Automobile Association (AA), one of New Zealand’s most respected and trusted brands, and Suncorp.
AA Money began offering car loans in February 2020 and have now since personal loans to their offering.
Main points to consider with an AA Money Car Loan
You can use an AA Money Car Loan to purchase a new or used vehicle. The minimum loan amount is $3,000, and the loan term runs between 12 months and 60 months. Interest rates on loan repayments vary depending on how much you want to borrow, your financial circumstances and your credit history.
Loans also come with an establishment fee of $180 for AA members & $240 for non-members.
AA Money car loan features
- Establishment fee discount. AA members receive 25% off the loan establishment fee of $240.
- AA Smart Fuel discount. When you take out a loan you’ll get 50c off per litre (up to 50 litres) of fuel with a one-off Smart Fuel discount.
- Low minimum loan amount. The minimum loan amount for an AA Money Car Loan is $3,000. This is a convenient amount if you’re looking for a loan for a used car, and means you’re not committed to taking out a larger amount than you can afford.
- Flexible loan terms. The term for an AA Money Car Loan ranges from 12 months to 60 months. This allows you to tailor your loan to match your financial capacities. AA Money suggests that interest repayments often work out to be smaller over shorter periods.
- Used-car friendly. AA Money allows you to secure your loan with a vehicle up to 12 years old. This allows you to purchase a car from a much broader range of options. The vehicle you purchase is required as security for the loan and must be fully insured.
Car finance fees and charges to consider
The following fees may apply to your AA Money Car Loan:
- Establishment fees of $180 for AA members & $240 for non-members
- Refinancing fee of $150
AA Money doesn’t charge an account fee, or a fee for any basic variations to your agreement. You also won’t be charged for any partial prepayments or if you want to pay your loan off in full early.
How to apply for an AA Money Car Loan
To apply for an AA Money Car Loan, you’ll need to fill in an online application form. To be eligible for an AA Money Car Loan, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a NZ citizen or permanent resident
- Hold a valid restricted or full New Zealand driver’s licence
- $30,000 per year (before tax)
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt
You may need the following documents and details during your application or once you have been conditionally approved:
- Identification. This includes proving your address with a bank statement or bill. You also need a valid New Zealand driver’s licence or passport.
- Proof of employment. You need to provide a copy of your transactional bank account statement from the past 30 days to show evidence of your income.
With flexible terms and interest rates, AA Money can help you secure funding for your vehicle. Compare car finance options before applying to make sure that this is the right loan for you.