- Payday loans from $400 to $900 with an interest rate of 292% p.a.
- Loan term: 6 - 16 weeks
- Eligibility: Must be at least 22; in full time employment or receive a full-time benefit; have a minimum income of $500 per week after tax; be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
$1000 cash loans
If you need $1,000 for an emergency, there are options available – even if you have bad credit.
If you need $1,000 urgently, you can apply for an unsecured payday loan and have up to 12 months to pay it off. Some lenders may approve your application within a couple of hours. These loans are not designed to be long term financial solution but are typically used to cover the cost of necessities until payday, for example, car repairs. You may be able to take out a $1,000 loan even with a bad credit history, as the lenders charge higher fees and interest rates to mitigate the risk of lending.
What's in this guide?
- $1000+ short-term loans you can apply for now
- How can I get a $1,000 loan?
- How much will the loan cost?
- Am I eligible for a $1,000 loan?
- How you can compare your options
- Things you should consider with a $1,000 cash loan
- How to apply for $1,000 cash loan
- What kind of information do you need to provide?
- The questions we've been asked about $1,000 loans
⚠️ Warning: be cautious with short-term loans
If you're experiencing financial hardship and would like to speak to someone for free financial counselling, you can call the MoneyTalks helpline operated by FinCap on 0800 345 123. It is open from 8:00am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm Saturday. When comparing short term loans, ensure you take into consideration any fees, charges and rates you may be charged.
Alternatives to short-term loans
Consider these alternatives before applying for a payday loan:
- Use online Government resources. The Commerce Commission New Zealand website explains how loans works and what to be aware of when borrowing from a lender.
- Payment plans. Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan or receive an extension on your due date if you’re behind on payments.
- Contact your creditors. Speak with creditors about extending the due date of your payment, or working out a new payment plan that works for both of you. Seek personal loans elsewhere. Consider a small personal loan from a bank or a credit union. You may qualify for a loan with much lower interest rates than those offered by payday loan companies.
- Pay with credit card. Consider paying with your credit card to cover your emergency bills or payments. This is not a long term solution, as you’ll need to pay off the balance as soon as possible, but it’s an alternative to a short term loan with high – and immediate – interest rates.
$1000+ short-term loans you can apply for now
How can I get a $1,000 loan?
- Start by finding a suitable lender from the table above. You can compare your options by looking at the loan amounts available, the loan costs and how quickly you receive the loan. One of the most important aspects is the eligibility criteria, so be sure to check this.
- Click through to the lender’s site once you decide which loan to apply for. You can review the final fee and loan terms on the site and submit your application. You need your personal, employment and banking details on hand, as well as information about your income, debt and any assets.
- Find out if the lender approves your loan in a few minutes and receive the contract soon after. Lenders usually send the loan on the same or next business day.
How much will the loan cost?
You usually repay loans of up to $2,000 over a term of 2 days to one year. With the providers above, yearly interest rates vary from 44.95% p.a. to 292% p.a. with loan terms from 4 to 52 weeks.
Am I eligible for a $1,000 loan?
The eligibility criteria differ between lenders. Here’s what to consider:
- Age. You need to be over 18.
- Residency. You need to be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Income. You need to be earning a regular income.
- Work and Income. If you receive Work and Income payments as a whole or part of your income, lenders may have various criteria you need to meet.
- Bad credit. Some lenders consider those with bad credit, but they may not accept you if you’re bankrupt or under a debt repayment plan (summary instalment order). However, some lenders do so check out your options.
How you can compare your options
- Fees. Make sure you check out the full cost of the loan on the lender’s website.
- Repayments terms. Usually, payday loans have a short repayment period. Typically, lenders structure your repayment dates around when you get paid, with the term ranging from 2 days to one year.
- Lender’s reputability. It’s essential to check the reputation of the lender before submitting your application. How easy are they to contact and how transparent are they with fees and information? All the lenders you can apply with directly through finder.com/nz are a reputable provider.
Frank and Claire need a loan
Claire was on the way to the office when her car broke down. She was told the repairs would cost $950 to get the car back on the road. Claire and her husband Frank share the car, so it was important they had it fixed. The trouble was, their credit wasn’t great, due to a few missed mortgage repayments, and they weren’t going to be paid until the end of the month.
Claire jumped online to see what her finance options were. She found a lender offering a $1,000 cash loan who considered bad credit applicants, so she applied. After being approved, she received her loan amount the following morning.
Things you should consider with a $1,000 cash loan
- They offer a quick turnaround time.
Lenders can process these loans within a couple of hours, and they can be in your account in as little as an hour or one business day.
- The documentation required is minimal.
You don’t have to upload various documents to support your application. For example, you can usually supply some recent bank statements.
- They have higher interest fees.
As a high-risk loan on the part of the lender, $1,000 loans tend to come with higher fees. Please make sure you also consider account dishonour and late payment fees.
- There are some disreputable lenders.
Some lenders may try to take advantage of people who need cash quickly. Always do your research on the provider before submitting a loan application.
Thinking of applying? Read this first
- Repeat borrowing. Some lenders allow you to borrow again, even offering member areas that make the second loan more accessible than the first. While this is a convenient option to have available, it can also be a dangerous trap. Consider your financial position and the cost of convenience, for a quick $1,000. Does another loan hinder more than help you?
- High fees. Payday loans come with very high costs when compared to more traditional forms of credit, so consider your loan options before you apply.
How to apply for $1,000 cash loan
If you find a cash loan you’d like to apply for through the above comparison tables, please click “Go to Site” to be taken to the application page. Most forms take about ten minutes to complete, and you usually find out if the provider approves your loan in a few minutes.
When it comes to receiving your loan, it depends on when and with whom you apply. Some lenders can have the $1,000 in your account within an hour of you accepting the contract, while other lenders may have it to you the next business day.
What kind of information do you need to provide?
This differs between lenders, but usually, lenders require the following:
- Recent bank statements
- Personal details, including your name, driver licence number and contact information
- Where you work, how long you’ve been there and the details of your employer
- Your financial position, including income and pay frequency, plus your current debt, assets and liabilities.
Remember, you should always compare all your loan options before applying. There’s a multitude of finance options available to you, so it’s essential to consider them before you apply to make sure you get the right one for you.Back to top