Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Novel Coworking review
Enjoy perks like unlimited espresso and local beer, but a $100 setup fee is required.
Novel Coworking locations
US-based Novel Coworking has offices located in the following cities:
- Alexandria, VA
- Boulder, CO
- Charlotte, NC
- Chicago, IL
- Cincinnati, OH
- Columbia, SC
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
- Houston, TX
- Indianapolis, IN
- Jacksonville, FL
- Kansas City, MO
- Madison, WI
- Miami, FL
- Milwaukee, WI
- Minneapolis, MN
- Nashville, TN
- Norfolk, VA
- Orlando, FL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Pittsburg, PA
- Richmond, VA
- San Diego, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Savannah, GA
- Seattle, WA
- Washington, DC
What amenities does Novel Coworking offer?
Looking to rent a workspace from Novel Coworking? You can look forward to the following perks:
- Wi-Fi. With the exception of the virtual office membership, all Novel Coworking memberships include Wi-Fi access.
- Shared lounge areas. Communal lounges offer shared spaces to take a break from your screen and connect with fellow entrepreneurs.
- Espresso. Novel Coworking provides free-flowing espresso.
- Healthy snacks. Refrigerated drinks and snacks are available for purchase.
- Beer on tap. Local on-tap beer is included at your leisure.
CostsNovel Coworking offers five membership tiers — some feature month-to-month subscriptions, while others require a 12-month commitment. All membership tiers require a $100 setup fee to get started.
|Virtual office||$59+ monthly||No||Discounted Wi-Fi access||1 person|
|Coworking membership||$129 - $169 monthly||No||Wi-Fi included||1 person|
|Dedicated desk||$249 monthly||No||Wi-Fi included||1 person|
|Office space||$299+ monthly||Yes||Fiber internet and Wi-Fi||1–20 people|
|Office suite||$2,999+ monthly||Yes||Fiber Internet and Wi-Fi||10–500 people|
Pros and cons
- 24/7 access. Novel Coworking buildings are available anytime to members with key fobs.
- Membership options. From the no-frills coworking membership to dedicated enterprise SmartSuites, this provider offers a range of membership options to appease businesses of all sizes.
- Direct fiber Internet. All Novel Coworking locations feature Wi-Fi speeds of at least 100 Mbps.
- Bring your own stuff. Feel free to make your workspace your own by bringing in furniture and artwork to decorate the space.
- $100 setup fee. All Novel Coworking memberships require a $100 setup fee, and this fee isn’t advertised on its website.
- Not dog-friendly. With the exception of service dogs, Novel Coworking locations don’t allow four-legged co-workers to tag along.
- No phone answering. Novel Coworking doesn’t offer any form of phone answering service, so you’ll need to explore third-party options if this service is important for your business.
- Conference room fees. Lower membership tiers include five hours of conference room access monthly, but any time beyond five hours will cost you between $10 and $20 an hour.
What do people say about Novel Coworking?
Online reviews across Facebook are generally favorable, with Novel maintaining a 4- out of 5-star average based on 36 Facebook reviews.
Those that use Novel Coworking praise its friendly staff, amenities and professional development seminars. But several members complained that Novel Coworking staff relocated their dedicated office space after they were absent from the building for several months.
Compare coworking spaces
Bottom lineNovel Coworking offers entrepreneurs a range of membership options and amenities for those looking to take advantage of a flexible shared workspace. But a higher price tag applies to dedicated spaces and conference rooms and you’ll need to pay a $100 setup fee to get started.
Review your coworking options to find a space that best fits your business needs.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert