NordVPN | Price, plans and features
Fast and secure at a competitive price – is it too good to be true?NordVPN has a massive focus on security, which, of course, is exactly what any good VPN provider should offer, but NordVPN actually back it up with some extreme security measures and keep absolutely no connection or usage logs.
What are NordVPN‘s pricing and plans?
Unlike some VPN providers, NordVPN doesn’t offer variants on plan inclusions, only discounts on longer commitments.
|1 month plan||6 months plan||1 year plan|
|$11.95 per month||$9.00 per month||$6.99 per month|
- Superfast servers
- Excellent server locations
- Double Data Encryption
- No logs
- Excellent price
- Use on up to 6 devices simultaneously
- Accepts bitcoins
Compare VPN services now
How do I setup NordVPN?NordVPN is also a fantastic choice for those unfamiliar with the setup process, as the website is simple, clear and user-friendly. Everything you need to get started is there on the website, from setup manuals for beginners, a comprehensive FAQ section and 24/7 live support (one that actually responds, how about that?). Do get started, simply visit the website, register your payment details and download the VPN client. If you need further help after that, there’s plenty to be found on the website.
What are the benefits of using NordVPN?
Aside from NordVPN’s excellent server location, with 5,728 servers in 60 countries, they also use a secure 256-bit AES OpenVPN encryption and various other security features. This protocol is ranked as one of the most secure, as it is more secure and more stable than PPTP and L2TP/IPsec (though, they also do a decent job).
You’ll also get to take advantage of:
- Encrypted chat – Chat to your colleagues, friends and family through NordVPN‘s secret chat. It’s a great tool for those who value their privacy, including sharing intellectual property.
- ‘Secret Notes’ – Enables you to send private, encrypted messages that automatically delete themselves after being read– kind of like the laptop from Mission Impossible but less… explosive.
- Tor over VPN – Using Tor over VPN is essentially just another security measure. If you’re using Tor over VPN your ISP won’t be able to identify you as using Tor.
- Double Data encryption – ‘DoubleVPN’ is NordVPN‘s proprietary double encryption system. What this does is lock down inbound and outbound data using a military-grade AES-256-CBC encryption, essentially destroying data and piecing it together as you please.