Nordstrom card review
This no-annual-fee card offers rewards on your Nordstrom purchases.
- Get this card if you often shop at Nordstrom, HauteLook and Trunk Club.
- Pick something else if you prefer other retailers.
- Apply with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
3x points at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club, 2x points on dining, entertainment and travel, and 1x on all other purchases
11.9% to 23.9% variable
Minimum Credit Score
|Welcome offer||$40 after making a purchase at Nordstrom, Nordstrom.com or Nordstrom Rack on the day your card is approved|
|Rewards||3x points at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club, 2x points on dining, entertainment and travel, and 1x on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||11.9% to 23.9% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is an investments writer who has written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
As a cardmember, you also get reimbursement for all alterations made at Nordstrom stores, you get access to exclusive benefits including discounts on new arrivals and access to product launches before anyone else. Plus, the more you spend, the higher membership tier levels you’ll climb. Higher tier levels come with additional perks such as priority booking to Nordstrom fashion events and exclusive cardmember events.
Considering the card has no annual fee, it can be a useful addition to your wallet if you frequently shop at any of the Nordstrom’s stores.
How to apply for the Nordstrom card
- Visit the Nordstrom card website and click Apply now.
- Select the Become a card member option, click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Review your application and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Nordstrom card benefits
- Signup bonus. You’ll earn a $40 bonus when you make your first purchase on the same day you open your account. It’s not the largest signup bonus out there, but rather simple to achieve.
- Rewards. Earn 3x points on Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club purchases made in-store or online. You’ll also earn 2x points on dining, entertainment and travel and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Access to “The Nordy Club”. The Nordy Club is Nordstrom’s membership program. Cardmembers get automatic access, which entails a suite of benefits for Nordstrom shoppers. A few of these perks include early access to sales events, beauty and style workshops, reimbursement for alterations, curbside pickup and access to an in-home stylist.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay a fee to use this credit card.
Nordstrom card drawbacks
- Closed-loop card. While you can earn Nordstrom points on more than just Nordstrom spending, you’re limited to Nordstrom brands when it comes time to redeem those points.
- No intro APR. This card doesn’t come with an introductory APR for purchases or balance transfers.
- High fees. Make a late payment and you could be on the hook for up to $38.
Compare store credit cards
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other store credit cards to get an overview of your options. Find a card that corresponds to a store you shop at most, has rewards that will benefit you and other perks you’ll take advantage of.
Nordstrom regulars will enjoy the benefits this card offers. Aside from earning points on purchases made at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club, you get cool benefits and discounts at the stores.
But if you think another card would suit you better, compare other store credit cards until you find the right one for you.