Noblr car insurance review
Save big if you're a safe and steady, low-mileage driver. But average app ratings.
- Get a quote if you drive during the day or don’t drive often.
- Pick something else if you want an in-person agent or higher-rated app.
- Slow and steady drivers with short commutes can save.
New car protection
|States served||Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|New car protection||No|
|Claims methods||Online, Phone|
- Safe drivers save
- All-in-one mobile app makes claims easy
- Company membership creates a customer-focus
- Only available in three states
- No in-person agents or branch offices
|Anti-theft device discount||No|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||No|
|Safety device discount||No|
|Special employment discount||No|
Heather Petty is a personal finance writer at Finder specializing in home loans, banking and insurance. After falling victim to a disreputable mortgage broker when buying her first home, she’s on a mission to help readers avoid similar experiences when managing their own finances. A self-proclaimed word nerd, her writing has been featured on MSN, Credit.com and MediaFeed.org, among others. Heather previously worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in journalism from the University of Nevada, Reno.
If you’re a careful driver with a short, daytime commute, you can save over 50% on your monthly premiums using the Noblr app’s scoring system. But Noblr doesn’t stop there — you can also get cashback for customer loyalty, paying in full or referring your friends.
Noblr also may appeal to you if you like performing all your insurance tasks through an app, including viewing ID cards or filing claims. That combined with Noblr’s member-focused policies make this a great buy for anyone living in the states where its policies are offered.
However, Noblr’s app sees only average customer ratings with some customers reporting trouble using the app. And the company isn’t available in every state.
If you live outside of the states Noblr serves or you’d rather have access to an in-person agent, take a few minutes to compare your options. That way you can find an insurance company that works best for you.
How to get a free quote for Noblr car insurance
Get a quote and buy the policy through their website or by phone. Or if you’d rather apply by phone, call Noblr at 877-236-6257.
- From its main page, click Get a quote. Enter your first and last name, date of birth and street address. Click Continue to accept Noblr’s terms.
- Add any other drivers to your policy. Click Continue to enter and confirm details about your car.
- Select from the coverage packages available in your area, and click Continue to select the deductibles and rental coverage you want.
- Enter what kind of commute you have, and select one of the descriptions that most closely describe what kind of driver you are. Click Continue.
- Noblr displays your quote along with descriptions of the coverage details. To purchase the policy click Buy policy.
- Choose whether you want to pay for the fixed amount of the policy up front or get billed monthly. Click Continue to digitally sign up for the policy.
How does Noblr decide my rate?
Rather than traditional add-ons, the Noblr app tracks and rates the following criteria to adjust your monthly premium:
- Smoothness. How hard you brake and how fast you accelerate can affect your score.
- Focus. Handling your phone while driving lowers your score. Hands-free mounts and functions won’t.
- Roads. Using the highway more than city streets and backroads raises your score.
- Time of day. Driving at night lowers your score.
- Mileage. The less you drive, the higher your score.
What discounts can I get with Noblr?
Discounts and bonuses that you can earn with Noblr:
- Multiple vehicle. Add more than one car to your policy for a discount.
- Safe driver. Pay less on your premium for having a clean driver’s record.
- Homeowner. Get an additional discount for owning rather than renting your home.
- Referral bonus. Earn up to $1,000 in Amazon gift cards by referring other drivers. You’ll get $25 for each friend that gets a quote with Noblr.
Noblr also helps you save through its Noblr Rewards. Ways to save include:
- Online quote. Buy your policy the same day you get a quote.
- Paid in full. Pay the fixed part of your premium in full as one lump sum.
- Loyalty. Renew your policy every six months.
Noblr car insurance reviews and complaints
Not only is Noblr accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), this insurance company holds an A- BBB rating as of 2021. This rating shows that Noblr responds to complaints quickly along with other factors rated by the BBB, like Noblr’s transparency about business interactions.
About 14 customers have left reviews on the BBB, leaving a score of less than 2 of 5 stars. Noblr has closed 6 BBB complaints in the last 3 years. Several customers complain that they have trouble reaching a live rep for questions or even claims. Others weren’t satisfied with how their rate kept increasing or the app’s features.
Along with these ratings, Noblr’s app holds a 3.5 rating out of 5 on the Apple Store and 3 out of 5 stars on the Google Play Store. Several customers report problems with the app crashing or having to verify information repeatedly. Other customers are happy with Noblr’s customer service and low premiums for wide coverage.
Alternatives to Noblr
Consider how other companies stack up to Noblr, and tap Get quotes when you’re ready to see your customized rate.
What insurance coverage does Noblr offer?
Choose from the standard coverage options that you’d expect with most insurance companies, including:
- Bodily injury liability. If you’re at fault for an accident, this covers medical costs for the injuries of others involved and legal fees if you’re sued.
- Collision. Covers damage caused by a collision or other driving accident.
- Comprehensive. Covers damage to your car that happens when you’re not driving it, such as theft or vandalism, fire and falling objects — like hail or a tree limb. This doesn’t cover normal wear and tear or breakdown repairs.
- Medical payments. Covers medical expenses no matter who is at fault, and use it to pay your health insurance deductible or coinsurance payment.
- Personal injury protection. Similar to medical payments coverage, it covers lost wages and other expenses related to an accident, up to and including a death benefit.
- Property damage liability. Covers property damages caused in an accident where you’re at fault, and legal fees if you’re sued.
- Rental car coverage. Provides a stipend to help cover rental car expenses if you are without your car because of an accident, theft or vandalism.
- Roadside assistance. Provides services when you experience a breakdown on the side of the road, such as towing, tire change or a battery jump.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Covers your medical bills or damage to your car if you’re hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver who’s at fault for the accident.
Pros and cons of Noblr insurance
- Save up to 51%. Some reviewers claim that they save $100 a month or up to half of their previous car insurance premiums.
- All-in-one app. Turn your phone into an insurance office. File claims, chat with an agent, manage your policy, access insurance cards or call roadside assistance through the Noblr app.
- Earn rewards. Noblr rewards you for renewing your policy or paying your fixed rate in full, on top of offering discounts and low rates for safe drivers. This many rewards is unusual for telematics or pay-as-you-go insurance.
- Member benefits. Using a different financial strategy, Noblr operates on member contributions rather than stockholders, making it more member-focused.
- Serves limited states. Noblr offers insurance policies in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Texas. But the company is rolling out to other states soon.
- Average app ratings. While many customers are satisfied with the service and premiums, customers leave the app with average ratings in app stores.
- Digital-only agency. With no branch offices in the areas it services, everything is handled through the app or over the phone.
- Agents may not live in your area. You may be assigned an agent who lives somewhere different from you, losing some of the personal feel that you’d expect.
- No Lyft or Uber coverage. Noblr doesn’t cover rideshare or delivery driving.