Noblr car insurance review
Save with a premium that adjusts monthly based on how you drive.
- Get a quote if you drive during the day or don’t drive often.
- Pick something else if you don’t want an app reporting your driving habits.
- Slow and steady drivers with short commutes can save.
New car protection
|States served||Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas|
|Roadside assistance||Included free|
|New car protection||No|
|Claims methods||Online, Phone|
- Safe drivers save
- All-in-one mobile app makes claims easy
- Company membership creates a customer-focus
- Only available in three states
- No in-person agents or branch offices
|Anti-theft device discount||No|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||No|
|Safety device discount||No|
|Special employment discount||No|
Heather Petty is a writer at Finder specializing in banking, investments and insurance. She's a self-proclaimed word nerd who worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. Heather earned a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Nevada, Reno.
If you’re a careful driver with a short, daytime commute, you can save a lot on your monthly premiums using the Noblr app’s scoring system. That combined with Noblr’s member-focused policies make this a great buy for anyone living in the states where its policies are offered.
But if you live outside Colorado, Texas or Ohio and would rather have access to an in-person agent, take a few minutes to compare your options and find an insurance company that works best for you.
How to apply for Noblr insurance
Get a quote and buy the policy through their website or by phone.
- From its main page, click Get a quote.
- Enter your first and last name, date of birth and street address. Click Continue to accept Noblr’s terms.
- Confirm your driver information and click Continue to add any additional drivers to your policy.
- Click Continue to confirm which cars you want to add to the policy and enter any missing information.
- Select if your cars are used for rideshare or delivery services, such as Lyft or Uber.
- Select from the coverage packages available in your area, and click Continue to select the deductibles and rental coverage you want.
- Enter what kind of commute you have, and select one of the descriptions that most closely describe what kind of driver you are. Click Continue.
- Noblr displays your quote along with descriptions of the coverage details. To purchase the policy click Buy policy.
- Choose whether you want to pay for the fixed amount of the policy up front or be billed monthly. Click Continue to digitally sign the policy and determine how you will pay.
Apply by phone
If you’d rather apply by phone, contact Noblr at 877-236-6257.
What discounts can I get with Noblr?
Noblr offers discounts with its Noblr Rewards. Ways to earn them include:
- Online quote. Buy your policy the same day you get a quote.
- Paid in full. Pay the fixed part of your premium in full as one lump sum.
- Loyalty. Renew your policy at the end of six months.
- Multiple vehicle. Add more than one car to your policy for a discount.
- Safe driver. Pay less on your premium for having a clean driver’s record.
- Homeowner. Get an additional discount for owning rather than renting your home.
- Referral bonus. Earn up to $1,000 in Amazon gift cards by referring other drivers.
What insurance coverage does Noblr offer?
Choose standard coverage options, including:
- Bodily Injury. If you’re at fault for an accident, this covers medical costs for the injuries of others involved and legal fees if you’re sued.
- Property Damage. Covers property damages caused in an accident where you’re at fault, and legal fees if you’re sued.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury. Covers medical bills if you’re hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver who’s at fault for the accident.
- Medical payments. Covers medical expenses no matter who is at fault, and use it to pay your health insurance deductible or coinsurance payment.
- Personal injury protection. Similar to medical payments coverage, it covers lost wages and other expenses related to an accident, up to and including a death benefit.
- Comprehensive. Covers damage to your car that happens when you’re not driving it, such as theft or vandalism, fire and falling objects — like hail or a tree limb. This doesn’t cover normal wear and tear or breakdown repairs.
- Collision. Covers damage caused by a collision or other driving accident.
- Uninsured motorist property damage. Covers damage to your car caused by a driver who is uninsured or underinsured.
- Rental Car Coverage. Provides a stipend to help cover rental car expenses if you are without your car because of an accident, theft or vandalism.
- Roadside Assistance. Provides services when you experience a breakdown on the side of the road, such as towing, tire change or a battery jump.
Alternatives to Noblr
How does Noblr decide my rate?
Rather than traditional add-ons, the Noblr app tracks and rates the following criteria to adjust your monthly premium:
- Smoothness. How hard you brake and how fast you accelerate can affect your score.
- Focus. Handling your phone while driving lowers your score. Hands-free mounts and functions won’t.
- Roads. Using the highway more than city streets and backroads raises your score.
- Time of day. Driving at night lowers your score.
- Mileage. The less you drive, the higher your score.
Pros and cons of Noblr insurance
- Rates based on your driving. Your monthly premium is variable based on how the Noblr app assesses your driving.
- Save up to 51%. Some reviews claim that Noblr customers could save up to 51% on their premiums compared to traditional insurance.
- Member benefits. Using a different financial strategy, Noblr operates on member contributions and premiums rather than stockholders, making it more member-focused.
- All-in-one mobile app. Turn your smartphone into an insurance office, with a claims system, digital insurance cards and access to roadside assistance and customer support.
- Limited states. Noblr only offers insurance policies in Ohio, Texas and Colorado.
- Digital-only agency. With no branch offices in the areas it services, everything is handled through the Noblr mobile app or over the phone.
- No Lyft or Uber coverage. Noblr doesn’t cover rideshare or delivery driving.