Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
How to watch Disney+ on Google Chromecast
Use your Chromecast to watch Disney+ on your TV.
Disney’s new streaming service Disney+ is now live in the Netherlands. And while being able to take content with you on your smartphone or tablet is great, nothing beats sinking into your favourite spot on the couch and chilling out to a great movie or TV show.
Disney+ works with Google’s Chromecast, so you can easily send content from your small screen to the big screen.
Here’s how to set up Chromecast with Disney+:
Step 1: Set up your Google Chromecast
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to install and configure Chromecast to your TV. Although Chromecast is a Google product, it works with virtually any device.
- Plug your Chromecast dongle into one of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- Stick your Chromecast’s power cable into a suitable power socket.
- Switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI input.
- If you haven’t already configured your Chromecast, follow the on-screen prompts to connect it to your home Wi-Fi network.
Once all that is done, you’ll be ready to start streaming.
Step 2: Log in to your Disney+ account
Connect to Disney+ on your preferred mobile device. If you haven’t already installed and set up the app, go to your preferred app store, download the app and set it up.
Step 3: Streaming Disney+ to your TV using Chromecast
With your Chromecast device connected and running on your TV you can enjoy your content with full sound and a big screen.
- Open the movie or TV show you want to watch on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the Chromecast icon near the top corner of your mobile screen.
- Choose your TV from the list of available devices.
- Grab your popcorn.
- Enjoy the flick!
Image source: Disney+ website
Ask an Expert