Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to watch hayu on your Google Chromecast
Getting your hayu fix on the big screen doesn't require a smart TV.
hayu is a service that unfortunately isn’t as ubiquitously available as Netflix. The latter is either included as standard on your average Smart TV or can be quickly downloaded onto said device via a trip to the manufacturer’s in-built app store.
What do you do if a: your particular TV doesn’t carry the hayu app, or b: you own a “dumb TV” that doesn’t offer any kind of store at all to expand your viewing choices? You still have options. The fandangle device known as Google Chromecast can bridge the gaps and get you viewing in no time. Essentially, you hook it up to a spare HDMI port on your TV, then you can beam hayu directly to said screen from your phone, tablet or computer. How is this magic possible and is setting up Chromecast a difficult procedure? Let’s find out together.
How to set up hayu on Google Chromecast
No matter which model of Google Chromecast you have, setting up hayu is a cinch to do. Just follow these simple steps:
- Find a spare HDMI port on your TV (normally on the side or the back of the unit).
- Connect your Chromecast’s power cable into a nearby mains outlet.
- Press the AUX or AV button on your remote to switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI channel.
- If this is a fresh install of Chromecast, you’ll need to do the on-screen steps to locate and sign in to your home Wi-Fi network. Typically this requires the login details supplied by your ISP.
- Access the hayu app on your mobile device (it can be downloaded for free on the App Store or Google Play). Alternatively, load up the Google Chrome web browser on your desktop (Mac or PC).
- Locate the “cast” icon (it looks like this ) and tap or click it.
- In the pop-up that appears, tap your Google Chromecast.
- Select a movie or TV show and tap play to beam it on over to your TV.
If you’ve got through all these steps, you’ll notice that your Chromecast icon will light up blue. This indicates that a firm device-to-dongle connection has been established. From here, you can effectively use your mobile or desktop computer as the remote control for your viewing experience. And that’s it! You’re ready to gleefully waste hundreds of hours in a binge-watch haze.
Frequently asked questions
Have a look at these FAQs if you’re having trouble setting up or watching hayu on Google Chromecast.
More guides on Finder
Beste apps om geld over te maken naar het buitenland
Compare popular money transfer apps to get the most out of your mobile international transfer.
How to sign up to DAZN Netherlands: A step-by-step guide
You’ll be able to watch exciting boxing events within minutes on streaming site DAZN.
How to watch Borat Subsequent Moviefilm online in the Netherlands
Borat is getting a sequel. Very nice!
Best Star Wars movies: Ranked by score, box office, budget + more
For diehard Star Wars fans, Disney+ has plenty of content to watch and then watch some more.
Where to watch Aladdin (2019) online in the Netherlands
The live-action Aladdin is finally available to stream.
Where to watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills online in the Netherlands
See what life is like for the other half in this popular reality TV series.
Where to watch Vanderpump Rules online in the Netherlands
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star sets her sights on restaurant management.
Where to watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians in the Netherlands
It’s hard to keep up with just about any TV show but we’ve got you covered when it comes to the Kardashians.
Where to watch Frozen 2 online in the Netherlands
Here’s how to watch sequel hit Frozen 2.
Where to watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi online in the Netherlands
The controversial sequel hoping to burn down the past for a brighter future.
Ask an Expert