1-month free trial with hayu
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to watch hayu on your Google Chromecast
Getting your hayu fix on the big screen doesn't require a smart TV.
hayu is a service that unfortunately isn’t as ubiquitously available as Netflix. The latter is either included as standard on your average Smart TV or can be quickly downloaded onto said device via a trip to the manufacturer’s in-built app store.
What do you do if a: your particular TV doesn’t carry the hayu app, or b: you own a “dumb TV” that doesn’t offer any kind of store at all to expand your viewing choices? You still have options. The fandangle device known as Google Chromecast can bridge the gaps and get you viewing in no time. Essentially, you hook it up to a spare HDMI port on your TV, then you can beam hayu directly to said screen from your phone, tablet or computer. How is this magic possible and is setting up Chromecast a difficult procedure? Let’s find out together.
How to set up hayu on Google Chromecast
No matter which model of Google Chromecast you have, setting up hayu is a cinch to do. Just follow these simple steps:
- Find a spare HDMI port on your TV (normally on the side or the back of the unit).
- Connect your Chromecast’s power cable into a nearby mains outlet.
- Press the AUX or AV button on your remote to switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI channel.
- If this is a fresh install of Chromecast, you’ll need to do the on-screen steps to locate and sign in to your home Wi-Fi network. Typically this requires the login details supplied by your ISP.
- Access the hayu app on your mobile device (it can be downloaded for free on the App Store or Google Play). Alternatively, load up the Google Chrome web browser on your desktop (Mac or PC).
- Locate the “cast” icon (it looks like this ) and tap or click it.
- In the pop-up that appears, tap your Google Chromecast.
- Select a movie or TV show and tap play to beam it on over to your TV.
If you’ve got through all these steps, you’ll notice that your Chromecast icon will light up blue. This indicates that a firm device-to-dongle connection has been established. From here, you can effectively use your mobile or desktop computer as the remote control for your viewing experience. And that’s it! You’re ready to gleefully waste hundreds of hours in a binge-watch haze.
Frequently asked questions
Have a look at these FAQs if you’re having trouble setting up or watching hayu on Google Chromecast.
More guides on Finder
Where to watch Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings online in Netherlands
Watch a new Marvel legend rise.
Disney Plus Day: What is it all about?
Spoiler alert: The celebration includes a lot of new content for subscribers.
Home Sweet Home Alone: Watch the new chapter online in Netherlands
No parents? No problem.
Disney+ Star Netherlands: Full list of movies and TV shows
Every TV show and movie launching on the new Disney+ Star channel.
Starlink: kosten, lanceringsdatum, mogelijkheden en alternatieven
Het Starlink netwerk van Elon Musk belooft een snelle internetverbinding via de satelliet in heel Nederland. We bekijken de kosten, lanceringsdatum, mogelijkheden en alternatieven.
How to watch the 2020 NRL Grand Final from the Netherlands
The Melbourne Storm take on the Penrith Panthers in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. Here’s how you can watch overseas.
How to watch Borat Subsequent Moviefilm online in the Netherlands
Borat is getting a sequel. Very nice!
How to watch Disney’s Mulan live-action remake live in the Netherlands
The live-action blockbuster will be offered on Premium Access.
Where to watch Black Panther online in Netherlands
Another action-packed, Oscar-winning Marvel movie is available to stream online. Watch how T’Challa saved Wakanda from a powerful enemy here.
Where to watch Aladdin (2019) online in the Netherlands
The live-action Aladdin is finally available to stream.
Ask an Expert