Save on Disney+ Star with an annual subscription
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to get the Disney+ free trial: a step-by-step guide
Are you looking to watch The Mandalorian, Artemis Fowl and more for free on Disney+? Here’s everything you need to know.
A new era for entertainment behemoth Disney began in November 2019. The highly anticipated streaming TV service Disney+ hit the ground running with a stunning catalogue of over 800 TV shows and movies. While the service isn’t perfect, it was still great value for only €6.99/month or €69.99/year.
Those prices are rising to €8.99/month and €89.90/year with the launch of a new adult content channel, Star, on 23 February. If you sign up before that date, you will get the lower monthly price for six months or the lower annual price for the full year.
But what if you want to watch Disney+ for free? Disney+ used to offer a seven-day free trial, but that’s no longer the case. As of 19 June 2020, the platform retired its free trial offer, so the only way to stream Disney content is to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription. The trial might be back at a future date, along with other special promotions.
So, is it worth signing up for the service? The library has now grown to over 1,000 titles. Most of the content on Disney+ you would have already seen. Whether it’s Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic or Disney itself, this is a catalogue of some of the biggest blockbusters of all time.
Many of the titles are well worth a rewatch, especially if you have children living under your roof, or you may find some classics you are yet to watch. Plus, Disney+ is also streaming original, exclusive content you won’t find anywhere else. It’s led by the live-action Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian and new Marvel offering WandaVision, along with movies, documentaries, shorts and more to discover.
New channel Star is also offering a range of adult-focused content, including the Deadpool, Die Hard and Alien movie franchises.
How to sign up for Disney+
Signing up for a Disney+ subscription is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Head over to the Disney+ sign-up page.
- You’ll see a big blue button that you can press to start your Disney+ subscription. This is where you will need to choose a plan. To be safe, choose €8.99/month – that way, you have an entire month to explore the library and figure out if it makes for a solid long-term investment. You can change to the annual plan in the future if you want to keep the service on.
- MARK THE DATE WHEN THE FIRST MONTH ENDS IN YOUR CALENDAR. That way, you will remember to cancel before being billed for another month if you’re not planning to hold on to your subscription for longer.
- On the next page, you need to enter your email address.
- You must then enter a strong password.
- You will need to enter your credit card details to proceed.
- Enjoy as much content as you can that first month to make the most of your money.
- If you’re not a fan of the service or the content, follow these steps to cancel your account on or before the day you marked in your calendar.
Get to know Disney+:
More guides on Finder
Disney+ Star Netherlands: Full list of movies and TV shows
Every TV show and movie launching on the new Disney+ Star channel.
How to sign up to DAZN Netherlands: A step-by-step guide
You’ll be able to watch exciting boxing events within minutes on streaming site DAZN.
How to watch the 2020 NRL Grand Final from the Netherlands
The Melbourne Storm take on the Penrith Panthers in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. Here’s how you can watch overseas.
How to watch Borat Subsequent Moviefilm online in the Netherlands
Borat is getting a sequel. Very nice!
How to watch Disney’s Mulan live-action remake live in the Netherlands
The live-action blockbuster will be offered on Premium Access.
How to watch Hamilton online: Disney+ release details
Hamilton is being released on streaming more than a year early.
Where to watch Artemis Fowl online in the Netherlands
The highly-anticipated adaptation of the best-selling novel series by Eoin Colfer hits streaming sooner than anticipated.
Best Star Wars movies: Ranked by score, box office, budget + more
For diehard Star Wars fans, Disney+ has plenty of content to watch and then watch some more.
Where to watch Frozen 2 online in the Netherlands
Here’s how to watch sequel hit Frozen 2.
How to watch Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker online
Here’s how to watch Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker online for free.
Ask an Expert