VIALET Current Account review
What you need to know about the IBAN account, which you can use to spend in over 200 countries worldwide.
VIALET is a current account that you can manage entirely from your smartphone. It offers a few features that you can access for no ongoing fees. This review will cover the fees and features of a VIALET account to help you decide if it is the right current account for you.
€ 2.50 + 2%
ATM fee for Euro withdrawals
Currency conversion fee
How does the VIALET current account work?
VIALET is an IBAN account that you can sign up for and manage on your smartphone. VIALET offers a number of features including fast signup, contactless payments and no fees for international spending. The account offers a convenient way for you to manage your money throughout Europe.
When signing up, you’ll need to submit personal details including your full name, date of birth, address and email address. You’ll then need to confirm your identity and submit any necessary documentation. After you’ve been approved for an account, you can start taking advantage of the VIALET current account’s features and you’ll be sent a Mastercard in the post.
- Fee-free spending in Euros. There’s no charge for making payments within the SEPA. It’s also free to send and receive funds with other VIALET current accounts.
- Spending alerts. Get a push notification on your phone every time you spend, receive or send money.
- Contactless payments. Simply swipe your card to pay at any location that accepts Mastercard globally.
- Security features. VIALET offers a 3-D secure system to help you spend safely online. On top of this, you can use the VIALET app to block your card instantly if you’ve lost it.
- Adding funds. It’s easy to top up your VIALET current account via a card or bank transfer.
Fees and rates
- Monthly card fee of €0
- ATM withdrawal fee of 2% (minimum of €2.50)
- €4.95 card replacement fee
The VIALET current account is a convenient, no-frills account that can be useful for those that need to transfer money throughout Europe. You can avoid largely avoid fees if you’re only using the account to transfer money to others. However, you will have to pay a fee to use the card. If you need a card with your account you may want to compare it to other free digital bank accounts available on the market as you might be able to find one with more features.
How to sign up
VIALET makes it easy to sign up for a current account. Once you’re ready, simply click “Go to Site” above and you’ll be taken to the VIALET website to complete the signup process. Start by downloading the free VIALET app. After you complete the verification process, you can order your contactless Mastercard.