VIABUY Netherlands review
Sign up online for this prepaid card with no BKR checks.
A VIABUY account comes with prepaid Mastercards for secure, convenient payments in the Netherlands. It’s simple to sign up for and can be topped up easily online.
This review covers VIABUY in the Netherlands, including the features offered by VIABUY’s prepaid card and fees to take note of.
ATM fee for Euro withdrawals
Currency conversion fee
What is VIABUY?
VIABUY’s prepaid Mastercard is offered in European countries, including the Netherlands and works just like a standard debit card. The main difference is you load funds onto your VIABUY account and that’s the amount you can use to spend. Because it isn’t linked to your bank account, it is a secure option to shop online. A VIABUY card may be used for in-store payments or online shopping, and you can spend up until the amount you’ve pre-loaded. You can also use VIABUY to make free transfers within Europe.
You can apply for a card without any Bureau Krediet Registratie (BKR) check or income verification. Once your application is approved, you’ll receive a Mastercard with an IBAN. Your card can then be managed easily either online or through VIABUY’s app. This gives you full control of your finances in an efficient, convenient manner.
VIABUY makes managing money easy for its customers, and its features include:
- Fee-free transfers. It won’t cost you to make outgoing transfers within the Single European Economic Area (SEPA). You can also send money to another VIABUY account or receive it for free. Domestic or SEPA credit loading will incur a 0.9% fee.
- Fast approvals process. Verification is completed online, and VIABUY aims to ship your card within 24 hours.
- Shop online or in-store. Your card will be accepted in over 40 million locations that accept Mastercard.
- Security features. The security features of this account are strong: it uses a fingerprint or face verification in addition to a PIN. Plus, get email and text message notifications so that you stay informed about what’s being spent and where.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay. Both are compatible with VIABUY, meaning you can make super-easy payments online and in-store.
Fees and rates
VIABUY comes with quite a few fees to be aware of:
- Card fees. VIABUY come with a one-time fee of €69.90. Following this, you’ll need to pay €19.90 annually. Additional cards cost €14.90 per year.
- Foreign currency fee: 2.75%
- Charges for top-up by international bank transfer: 1.75%
- Charges for top-up using debit or credit card: 1.75%
- Charges for domestic or SEPA credit loading: 0.9% fee
- 12-month inactivity fee: €9.95
- ATM withdrawal fee: from €5
Additional fees may apply depending on your card and how you use it. Be sure to check with VIABUY if you have any further queries, either by reaching out through email or requesting for in-app support.
VIABUY is a simple prepaid card that lets you spend your own money securely online. It’s accessible to anyone who needs a card to spend online and in-store because there are no credit checks and you’ll receive your card 24 hours after you apply.
However, the fees for the account are very high. Consider if the features on offer will outweigh the upfront and ongoing costs. The VIABUY account is also not an option if you want a full-feature bank account.
How to sign up
To order your VIABUY card, just click “Go to site” to go to the VIABUY website. From there, select “Get your card”, then select the card colour which can be black or gold. You will need to provide personal details such as your name, residential address and nationality and indicate what your card will be used for and how it will be funded.
Once complete, your card will be shipped to your address.