Next Millennium Card review
A store credit card you can use only at the My Unique Outlet site.
- Get this card if you shop often at the My Unique Outlet site.
- Pick something else if you want a card that’s accepted everywhere and with fewer fees.
- Apply with poor credit or no credit history.
Up to $239.4
Purchase APR (fixed)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
While the Next Millennium Card has no purchase APR, it comes with a $29.95 application fee. You’ll also pay a $19.95 monthly charge that results in a sky-high fee of almost $239.40 annually.
If you’re a frequent shopper at the My Unique Outlet site, the Next Millennium Card can help you finance the electronics, beauty and decor you want. The provider won’t do a hard credit pull when you apply, and guarantees approval no matter your credit score.
Note that you won’t build credit even if you always pay your balance on time. That’s because the provider doesn’t report your positive payment history to the credit bureaus.
How to apply for the Next Millennium Card?
To apply for the card you must be at least 18 years old, have no open bankruptcies and be a resident of the US. You cannot apply if you live in Wisconsin, Indiana or Vermont.
When you apply, you’ll be asked several times to get a promotion for another card or a product. You can skip these without affecting your application.
- Click Apply now.
- Complete the application form.
- Confirm that you consent to texts and calls from Next Millennium Card‘s marketing partners.
- Skip the offer for other products if it appears.
- Enter your debit or credit card information. Click Submit.
What credit score do I need?
You don’t need a minimum credit score or credit history to apply. Your approval is guaranteed if you complete the required application questions.
Next Millennium Card benefits
- No credit checks and guaranteed approval. Without a credit check, there’s no impact on your score. And even with a poor credit score, Next Millennium guarantees you’re approved if you sufficiently complete the application.
- No APR on purchases. There’s no interest on purchases. However, its application and monthly fee could offset this feature.
- Membership perks. Get benefits such as roadside assistance, legal assistance and daily discount offers.
- Credit line. You get an unsecured credit line of $1,000.
Next Millennium Card drawbacks
- Only works on the My Unique Outlet website. You can’t use this card to make cash withdrawals or payments at supermarkets. You can only use the card for purchases at the My Unique Outlet.
- High monthly fee. To own the card, you’ll pay a $19.95 monthly fee, which adds up to about $240 annually.
- Other fees. You’ll pay a $29.95 application fee, $10 for late payments, NSF check fee of $30 and a fee for returned checks or debits of $30.
- Minimum monthly payment. Your minimum monthly payment is either 15% of the balance or $19.95, whichever is greater. This is high, considering most credit cards require a minimum payment between 1% and 3%.
- Doesn’t report to a credit bureau. Unlike most other cards, this one doesn’t seem to report to any of the credit bureaus. If you’re looking to build your credit, look for credit-building cards.
Compare store cards
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other store cards on the market. Consider which brands and stores you shop at the most, if the card is closed or open loop and if it comes with an annual fee.
Unless you spend a lot of money at the My Unique Outlet site, you might have better luck, and pay less, for another card. This card won’t help you build credit and has a high monthly fee. And because it shares your info with its marketing partners, you’ll likely get unwanted calls and texts from solicitors.
There are better alternatives to pay for your shopping. If you’re looking to build your credit with a low annual fee or no annual fee at all, check out a secured card. If you’re looking for a card with perks at stores you love, check out a store card.
Frequently asked questions
Does the card have an annual fee?
The card has a monthly fee of $19.95, which comes up to $239.40 annually.
Can I use the card to make a cash withdrawal or to pay at a groceries store?
No. You can only use this card for purchases at the My Unique Outlet store.
Will I have to provide my Social Security number when signing up?
No. All you need to provide is your address, contact information and a debit or a credit card number.