Las Vegas - 20% off bus tours + kids go free with classic tickets
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
New Year’s Eve Las Vegas
Join the world’s largest block party.
More than 80,000 fireworks exploded in Sin City last year, as partygoers celebrated another turn around the sun. Wanna join the fun this New Year’s Eve? Hotel rooms and plane tickets may be pricier, but it’s an experience that’s sure to last a lifetime.
What to do in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve
- Join a party. From Cabo Wabo’s patio party to Caesar’s Palace’s courtyard firework viewing, welcome the new year in the company of merry companions — but be prepared to pay a pretty ticket price.
- See a concert. Check to see if your favorite musician is slated to play. Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga and Imagine Dragons are just a few big names slated to perform at NYE 2020.
- Skate beneath the lights. Cosmopolitan Las Vegas turns its Boulevard Pool area into an ice skating rink on New Year’s Eve. Pay $150 for great views, an open bar, DJ and skate rentals.
- Ride sky-high. Enjoy fireworks from a pod on the world’s largest observation wheel — the Linq High Roller — plus get access to an open bar and champagne toast with your ticket.
- Stand along The Strip. Technically, watching fireworks in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve is free — if you stay out of organized events. Pedestrian bridges along the strip make great vantage points, if you get there early to snag a spot.
Deals on Las Vegas activites and experiences
More places to party in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve:
- New York-New York Hotel and Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Skyfall Lounge at Mandalay Bay
- Beer Park/Chateau at Paris Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hotel & Casino
How to avoid crowds in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve
Our best tip if your heart’s set on The Strip? Avoid driving on New Year’s Eve, as key streets will be closed to traffic and the number of pedestrians skyrockets.
Instead, opt for a ride on the monorail to get around — a single-ride ticket is just $5.
But jam-packed fanfare isn’t for everyone. To avoid crowds, consider:
- Reveling in natural sights. Take a tour through Death Valley, the Grand Canyon or Valley of Fire. Pink Adventure Tours hooks you up with a certified guide and provides transport to and from the natural landmarks. Snag a tour for less with a Pink Adventure Tours promo code.
- Booking a hotel with a view. Look for a hotel that’s located south on the Strip, with a north-facing room. You’ll want to be south of MGM Grand so you get a good view of the fireworks without being immersed in the crowd. Try:
- Mandalay Bay
- Launching your own fireworks…though you’ll need to leave Las Vegas first (and not technically on New Year’s Eve). Firework stores are open year-round in neighboring Nye County, and the town of Pahrump offers a designated place and time to play with pyrotechnics. Pahrump is 60 or so miles outside of Las Vegas.
- Where? 3770 Fox Ave., Pahrump, Nevada
- When? Dec 27 through 30 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Flight deals to Las Vegas
Hotel deals in Las Vegas
Whether you’re hoping to party hardy or hunker down in a hotel, there’s no denying the fireworks display in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve is positively breathtaking.
To maximize your time in Sin City, scout LasVegas.com promo codes for deals on hotels, shows and other experiences.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to beat financial stress by controlling your finances
Take control of your money stress by learning to prioritise and plan your financial goals.
What’s your retirement number?
The best age for you to retire depends on your retirement plan. But other factors can speed up or delay your retirement number.
Investing in your 30s: 8 wealth-building tips
Prepare to revamp your asset allocation and explore new investment classes.
How to pick stocks: 8 steps for new investors
Balance your portfolio and maximize returns with these tips.
10 Christmas movies to watch if you’re a grinch
Not quite anti-Christmas, but close.
New Balance Black Friday deals
Sprint ahead with New Balance’s Black Friday deals.
How do New Balance myNB rewards work?
Get $5 for every $100 you spend on this popular fitness brand.
Cyber Monday sightseeing and activities deals for 2021
Black Friday and Cyber Monday activity and sightseeing deals 2020.
Air Canada Cyber Monday deals
Air Canada Cyber Monday sales — cheap flights from NYC, LA and more.
Fall vacation ideas
11 fall vacation ideas in the US.
Ask an Expert