Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How do New Balance myNB rewards work?
Get $5 for every $100 you spend on this popular fitness brand.
New Balance sells shoes and athletic wear for the whole family, including casual outfits and specialized gear for sports like lacrosse, golf and skateboarding. Its rewards program is free to join and can pay off if you shop frequently.
At a glance
- $5 off for every $100 you spend
- $10 off for your birthday
- Free shipping and returns
- No fees
- Points expire after a year
- Birthday coupons can only be applied to purchases of $100 of more and can’t be combined with other offers.
There’s no downside to joining myNB rewards, apart from the fact that your email will be a little busier with marketing messages. If you frequently buy sneakers and athleticwear, and are looking for a program that’ll help you save money over the long haul, we recommend joining.
How does myNB rewards work?
With myNB rewards, you earn 10 points for every dollar spent online or in-store. When you reach 1,000 points, you’ll get a coupon for $5 off.
- Simply put, you’ll get $5 off every $100 you spend.
You’ll also receive coupons and other promotions that are exclusively for myNB members, along with free shipping on all orders — no minimum purchase required. Returns are always free.
Technically, there are four tiers to myNB — bronze, silver and gold — but the perks are all the same, except for the fact that you can get 2-day air shipping for $10 when you reach 5,000 points, or gold status.
- Good to know: Students get 20% off all New Balance purchases, through Unidays.
Using your rewards
MyNB rewards can be applied to all purchases of $25 or more. The only exception to this is birthday rewards, which can only be applied to purchases of $100 or more.
To use your myNB rewards, log into your account and go to the rewards catalog. Select a reward, and confirm that you’d like to redeem it.
How much will I actually save by signing up for myNB?
If you buy two pairs of sneakers per year, you can expect to save about $25 with myNB rewards. Since New Balance also sells clothing and athletic accessories, you could save even more money over the long haul if you stay loyal to the brand. We can see this being especially helpful for parents with kids that play sports, since fitness gear doesn’t come cheap.
Here’s the math:
A long distance runner that averages about 20 miles a week should replace their sneakers once every four to six months, according to experts. That’s two pairs of sneakers per year. New Balance’s running shoes range from about $70 to $225. Let’s say you buy Fresh Foam sneaks, which cost $150.
$150 x 2 = $300 per year spent on NB running shoes.
That equals $15 off in rewards, plus $10 off when your birthday rolls around. That means you’ll get $25 off in a single year, just from being a myNB rewards member — not counting any other discounts or promotions you could take advantage of.
Stores that don’t participate in myNB rewards
You can’t earn or redeem myNB points at these locations:
- New Balance Altoona — 3415 Pleasant Valley Blvd., Altoona, PA
- New Balance Belden — 4828 Everhard Road, Canton, OH
- New Balance Crocker Park — 30167 Detroit Road, Westlake, OH
- New Balance Deerfield Pointe — 9329 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH
- New Balance Easton — 3866 Townsfair Way, Columbus, OH
- New Balance Fairlawn — 2685 West Market St., Fairlawn, OH
- New Balance Harrisburg — 4600 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg, PA
- New Balance Las Vegas — 3200 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV
- New Balance Palm Desert — 73-399 El Paseo, Palm Desert, CA
- New Balance Polaris — 1554 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH
- New Balance Shaker Heights — 20140 Van Aken Blvd., Shaker Heights, OH
- New Balance Southpark — 600 Southpark Center, Strongsville, OH
- New Balance Summerlin — 2010 Festival Plaza Drive, Las Vegas, NV
How to sign up for myNB rewards
You can enroll in myNB rewards in person, by signing up online or by contacting its customer care team. Here’s how to do it yourself:
- Go to NewBalance.com.
- Click Join.
- Enter your name and contact info, then create a password.
- Click Create Account.
How can I check my points balance?
Check your myNB points balance by logging into your account and clicking My Activity.
Current New Balance deals
Join myNB rewards if you plan on spending at least $100 there over the course of a year. If that doesn’t line up with your shopping habits, consider looking for a different rewards program.
More guides on Finder
How do AutoZone rewards work?
Earn credits while taking care of your vehicle.
How do CVS rewards work?
Learn how to get up to 10% in rewards with the loyalty program at CVS.
How do Best Buy rewards work?
Earn up to 2.5% back in rewards and get free shipping.
How do Staples rewards work?
Get up to 5% back in rewards cash and free shipping.
How do Office Depot and Office Max rewards work?
Get 2% back in rewards when you shop for office supplies.
Can I get a 5% interest savings account in 2021?
You can find a 5% interest savings account in 2021. But find out if it’s worth it here.
Coinbase debit card review
A new debit card that lets you spend crypto and earn crypto anywhere Visa is accepted.
How do Petco cash rewards work?
All the details about Petco’s rewards program — and how to get $5.
Affinity FCU SmartStart Savings Account Review
Enjoy 2% APY on balances up to $2,499.99 and 0.1% to 1% APY on balances over that.
How do Ace Hardware rewards work?
Handy folks near and far can earn points when they sign up for Ace Rewards — but only at participating locations.
Ask an Expert