Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card review
Use your cryptocurrency wallet to pay for purchases in real-time with this revolutionary new card.
The Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card lets you spend cryptocurrency anywhere Visa is accepted — without requiring you to convert your coins into cash first. Compared to prepaid crypto cards, the Netcents card lets you avoid the risk of your coins losing value between the time you convert them and the time you spend them. The card hasn’t launched yet, but it’s on track to debut in January 2021.
Michael Benninger is a staff banking writer at Finder. He is a former credit analyst and longtime freelancer whose articles have been published by Intuit, Business Insider and the Los Angeles Times. Michael is passionate about all facets of personal finance and has written hundreds of articles about money management during the past decade.
Unlike other cryptocurrency cards, the Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card allows you to buy things without first having to convert your cryptocurrency to USD. The card connects to your Netcents cryptocurrency wallet and withdraws funds in real-time, minimizing any potential losses you might incur between cashing out the cryptocurrency and spending it on your card.
But it’s currently not available yet, and if you use a competing crypto wallet, you’ll need to switch services as the Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa only works with its Netcents wallet.
You’ll find other cryptocurrency options like prepaid debit card Wirex or digital banks like Revolut that allow you access to some cryptocurrencies. But if you’re looking for other options, you could look into bitcoin debit cards.
What you’ll like about the Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card
The Netcents card has some standout features that set it apart from other crypto cards:
- Real-time spending. The Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card is directly tied to your Netcents wallet, so there’s no risk that the value of your cryptocurrency will fluctuate before you spend it. There’s currently no other card on the market that can do this.
- Versatility. You can link your card with up to three cryptocurrencies at once, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether and Litecoin. You can also use all three cryptocurrencies at once to pay for a single transaction.
- Backed by Visa. You can use your card to pay for items from more than 40 million merchants worldwide.
Is Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card safe?
Although there’s no reason to believe the Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card won’t be safe to use, it’s too soon to tell if there will be security issues. The card is powered by new technology, so there may initially be some hiccups in the system.
What to watch out for
There are a few things to keep in mind before signing up for a Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card:
- Not available yet. The Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card was initially supposed to launch in late 2018, but two years later, it’s still not available.
- Only works with Netcents wallet. You’ll have to store your crypto in a Netcents wallet to use this card, which might not be ideal if you don’t already use Netcents.
- Not compatible with all cryptocurrencies. Netcents wallets can hold Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, ABC, Ethereum, XRP, Litecoin, Verge, Tron and Horizen. But if you have other cryptocurrencies, you won’t be able to use them with this card.
Compare Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa with other accounts
How do I get the Netcents Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card?
The Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card isn’t yet available, but you can sign up for a Netcents account, which is required to use the card:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the provider page and select Personal then Credit Card.
- Select Sign Up.
- Enter your email address and create a password, then confirm the terms and conditions and select Create Account.
- Check your email for a confirmation message and follow the link to activate your account.
- Upload a photo of a government-issued ID along with a scan of your face.
- Next, enter your address, upload a utility bill and select your security questions and responses.
- Submit your completed application.
You’ll receive an approval email within 10 minutes after submitting your application.
To open a Netcents account, you must meet the following criteria:
- At least years old
- Resident of the US or Canada
- Active Netcents account and cryptocurrency wallet
You’ll also need to provide the following documents to activate your account:
- Valid passport, driver’s license or other government-issued ID
- Utility bill with your name and current address
There are three ways to fund your Netcents account so you can buy crypto to spend with your Visa card:
- Wire funds to Netcents. Transfers only take one to two hours in Canada, but they may take up to 10 days if you live in the US.
- Use a crypto ATM. You can buy crypto at more than 13,000 ATMs in 71 countries and instantly transfer it to your Netcents e-wallet.
- Visit a crypto-friendly exchange. Some bullion and currency exchange locations have crypto for purchase.
How can I contact NetCents?
There are several ways to contact NetCents if you have questions or need help with your Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card:
- Email email@example.com with general questions.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with technical problems.
- Use the contact form on the company’s Contact Us page.
- Reach out to @netcentshq via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn
Frequently asked questions
What is NetCents?
NetCents is an online payment processing platform that uses blockchain technology to provide secure payment solutions.
Can I use multiple cryptocurrencies to complete one transaction?
Yes, you can use up to three separate cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Ethereum, to cover the cost of a single purchase.
Can I use my Netcents Cryptocurrency Visa card with Apple Pay or Google Pay?
Yes. Alongside its physical card, Netcents will offer virtual cards you can use with your digital wallet.