Car insurance is one of those things we all need to buy but hope we never need to use.
Nationwide is among the nation’s Top 10, offering the full range of service and a promise to be “on your side” with stellar service.
|Name||Nationwide Car Insurance|
|Description||Nationwide is among the nation’s top ten car insurance providers, offering the full range of service and a promise to be “on your side” with stellar service.|
- A.M. Best A+ Superior rating
- On Your Side Auto Repair Network
- Plenti rewards program
- Potentially high rates
- Inconsistent support
What is Nationwide?
Nationwide Insurance got its start in 1925 with the goal of providing quality auto insurance at low rates for farmers in Ohio. It has grown to become a major provider that offers mortgage and banking services in addition to its insurance policies.
Though Nationwide is a Fortune 100 company with offices all across the country, it stays strong to its roots by being headquartered in Ohio.
Why Choose Nationwide Car insurance
- Digital convenience. Nationwide has a mobile app for Android and iOS that allows you to file claims, pay your bill, and check the status of your account. Many insurance providers don’t have mobile apps, and some don’t even let you file a claim without picking up the phone.
- Broad range of options. As one of the largest insurers in the US, Nationwide offers everything from bare-minimum coverage to plush policies that take care of everything you could ever want. Whether you need the bare minimum like SR22 insurance, or you want comprehensive coverage for your family of eight, Nationwide will have an option for you.
- It lives up to its name. Nationwide has field offices all across the country, and deals with customers through many private insurance agencies as well. While you may not ever need to meet with an agent in person, it’s reassuring to know you’re covered by such a large and established network.
Pros and cons
- A.M. Best A+ Superior rating. With more than $2 billion in assets, Nationwide affirms its superior ability to meet its ongoing insurance obligations.
- On Your Side Auto Repair Network. Nationwide guarantees the workmanship on appraised and completed repairs for as long as you own or lease your vehicle.
- Plenti rewards program. Sign up for this partnership to earn discounts and cash back at major retailers across the country.
- Potentially high rates. Prices tend to skew on the high side for some drivers, especially those with a few black marks on their record.
- Inconsistent support. A very large company, Nationwide offers many streams of communication — but customers complain that they aren’t always consistent.
Nationwide Auto Insurance competitors
What car insurance coverage does Nationwide offer?
Nationwide offers complete coverage in 46 states and Washington, D.C.
- Liability coverage. This can help cover expenses from damaging a vehicle to injuring a person in an accident.
- Collision coverage. Pays for damage to your car when your car hits or is hit by another vehicle or other object.
- Comprehensive car insurance. Known as full-coverage auto insurance, this can help pay for damage to your car due to vandalism, weather events and accidents involving animals.
- Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury protection coverage. Often mandatory coverage that helps cover medical costs related to an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured motorists’ coverage. Provides bodily injury and property damage liability coverage for you if an uninsured or underinsured motorist is at fault in an accident.
- Personal injury protection. This can help pay for medical and rehabilitation expenses, work loss, funeral costs and even replacement services.
- Property damage liability. Protects you if your car damages someone else’s property.
- Roadside and accident assistance. Roadside assistance, towing and labor reimbursement and rental car coverage to help you manage the financial fallout of car repairs.
Does Nationwide offer any other types of insurance?
In addition to car insurance, Nationwide offers home, life, renters, condo, event, motorcycle, income property and even dental coverage.
Nationwide is one of the largest insurance companies in the country, and they’re good at what they do. It’s at the forefront of technology with programs like Auto Watch, which lets you keep track of your car repairs, and the EZ Ag app that helps farmers manage their unique accounts.
Though its prices may be a bit higher than the competition, it could be worth it to take advantage of high-quality service and accessibility. Reps are available by email, through an app, over the phone, in person and to chat online.